cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. data not wokring

Jrig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased US data yesterday but noticed when I’m not on Wi-Fi, it’s not working. 

12 REPLIES 12

@Jrig 

it 8s good it is connected.  try reboot the phone once more

Change Networl type to 4G/LTE or 5G and see if it helps

Jrig

Yes Roaming is enabled 

Jrig

I’m in Las Vegas, Nevada and I’ve used this type of add on in this city in the past. Yes I am connected to T-Mobile 

@Jrig 

which state and city you are at?

can you connect T-Mobile at all?  maybe with manual connect, do you see T-Mobile there at all?

Is data roaming enabled on your phone itself? Not your account. New phones typically have this setting off by default.

Jrig

I purchased data only and it usually works. I also bought it in December and had no issues with it but this time it’s not working 

Jonnytk1

Make sure roaming is on and reboot phone 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

What add-on did you purchase? Does it include calling and texting too? And if so, are those services working? If that's the case you probably just need to enable data roaming on your device in your network settings. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jrig -  if you can call 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device you can check your balance of Data addon balances. If you have data left try a reset of the device's network settings.

How long have you been in the USA using Public Mobile Roaming services? If you already purchased a Data Roaming addon and it worked, then this is your 2nd one you are purchasing, you need to make sure the same type of addon you purchased before is fully used up (15 days) plus another 24 hours before you buy the same one again.

If you did do this you can ask CSA to have it activated ahead of time for you, or buy another type of roaming addon. Ways to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.

Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jrig 

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile coverage and whether you can connect to T-Mobile network or not 

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select T-Mobile  

With your data issue, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and your have disabled your mobile data limter

In case you also have voice calls issues, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls goes through
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jrig 

after making certain the data add-on was purchased and is displaying on your self-serve account, make sure to select T mobile network from your network selection list.

Also toggle roaming on your device and make certain your mobile data switch is also toggled on.

As long as you’re not in Alaska, it should function within the United States

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jrig Do you reboot the phone . Also do you have data roaming on . ? Is it showing in your account? Check like this 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1690716625113.jpeg

For most up to date account info

if you need support here the link to them 

privrate message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.