cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S Roaming

naromerol
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a roaming package and when I used the data, I purchased more data. At this point only calls work but the data is not. I have configured all the APN settings referenced by the support bot and help articles and still nothing.

Any idea what to do? My phone is a OnePlus 6T

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@naromerol can you please go to Settings, Wi-Fi & Network, tap on SIM 1 or SIM 2 (whichever one has your Public Mobile SIM card), and look under the NETWORK SETTINGS heading.  Do you have "Roaming" turned off?  This switch controls whether or not you connect to data services while roaming.  If you have that turned off then even though your calling works, you would not get any data in the US.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@naromerol 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on, 

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

make sure enable roaming on,
Try manually selecting either of  AT&T or T-Mobile, whichever works best for you,
for Re-Purchase Add-ons you need to wait 25 hours after the expiry first Purchase Add-ons or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentto do it for you..

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.....

@naromerol wrote:

I purchased a roaming package and when I used the data, I purchased more data. At this point only calls work but the data is not. I have configured all the APN settings referenced by the support bot and help articles and still nothing.

Any idea what to do? My phone is a OnePlus 6T

I know that you were only checking and making adjustments to your APN settings just in case they got changed somehow by mistake, but as your data was already working, your APN settings would have already been correct.  Also, I'm aware that there is some confusion with some people saying that you need to use different APN setttings while roaming; this is not the case as the APN settings are the same setttings for Public Mobile whether you're using the data in Canada or while roaming in the U.S.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@naromerol 

Does the  2nd addon show up under your My Plan Details area? And, is it a different one than the one you are currently using?

Or, are the funds still showing in your Available Funds area? If so,  try to go back and add the addon to your account. 

If still issues, contact Customer support for assistance:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @naromerol  , so you purchased 2 Roaming add-ons so far?  The first one not expired yet?  Was the first one the  Talk/Text/Data combo ?  which 2nd add-on did you purchase?  I think if they both have Talk component, some weird thing will happen.  

Also, you tried reboot your phone?  the new add-on might not kick in without a reboot

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@naromerol 

You cannot purchase the same roaming add-on while the current one is still within the 10 day usage period.

You would need to purchase a different roaming add-on or wait till the first one has expired (+24 hours) before adding the same one again.

Need Help? Let's chat.