cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two-step verification

Mattias
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sister has two step verification to log in on her public mobile account. My sister's plan has been suspended and cannot receive texts or calls. How can she receive the two-step verification text through her phone number? Or is there an alternative way of accessing the account?

4 REPLIES 4

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

If you can't sign in then you can't access the community to contact customer support. From recent experience customer support has been refusing to allow support thru a proxy account that is not attached to the self serve account. How does one get around this? I have several accounts I manage in this situation?

Edit:

Other than reactivation as suggested by @BKNS27 ?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mattias 

Website is currently under maintenance so she can’t login today.
Another option, she can purchase a voucher and enter the voucher number by dialing 611 to activate the account from these locations:

IMG_0220.png

 Or purchase an electronic voucher from recharge.ca

Once the account is activated then she can receive the 2FA code through texting.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mattias  You can send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mattias   do you know if she has setup the new My Account access system yet, EverSafe?

If she has not created an EverSafe id yet, then, you won't be able to create the ID on the new My Account without the a working phone with a working PM sim.  Sending the code to email would not be a choice until a EverSafe id is setup

Please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html?lang=en
             Click "Yes, I'm a customer", then click "Sign In", once signed in, ignore the choices and type "Contact agent"
              Then click "Contact Us", and click "My Account".  Finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗ " and you can open the ticket
2. Or if you have trouble with Chatbot, Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

if she has already setup the EverSafe id, then yes, you can change to use email to receive 2FA.  When the system trying to send the 2FA, click Resend Code, they will then give you the choice to receive with email:

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.