cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two factor (2FA) texts not being received

Jdf58092
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I ported to public mobile Nov 26. Its been 10 business days and no two factor texts reach me. Please help this is causing major issues. Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Geo7

Just got off the phone with Porting Team. It was an issue with the porting. It seemed to only half port over my number so a new request was made. Had to put back in my Fido SIM card to receive the port request, confirm the request and now I wait up to 30 mins to make sure my number is fully ported over. Thanks @Handy1 for your help!

Sorry @Jdf58092 for taking over your tread. Maybe you have a similar issue and calling the Porting team will help.

Geo7

Yes I updated the new SIM card on my account

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Geo7  Ok in that case , you might just need contact support and ask them to SIM card swap the number for you to the new physical sim you picked up 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HI @Geo7 

did you update the sim card number on your My Account?  Can you login to update it?  If you can, go to Profile page, click on the pencil beside sim number and update it with your physical sim number

If you cannot update it yourself or still have problem,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Geo7

Yes I ported from Fido and initially used an eSIM for Public Mobile and kept the Fido SIM card in my phone. Today bought a PM SIM card and deleted the eSIM and still have the same issues. I'll call the porting team to see if they can help. Thanks

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Geo7  Did you just port  a number over to PM ? Did you leave old providers sim in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port ? And does you old provider sim card still work ? If yes then I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you 

Geo7

I have the same issue. Also can't receive phone calls from certain numbers either

@Jdf58092  It’s normal for 2FA text from backs to take a week before being re routing to new provider /number . But you said it’s been 10 days already so so thing seems to be a miss . Please use the link to support I sent to you in first reply .to see what can be done to fix the issues 

Jdf58092

All 2FA like banks, uber, etc

Jdf58092

I don't receive any 2FA texts on any platforms. For example banks, uber, insurance, etc

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jdf58092   Is this just for logging in to your Public Mobile account or is it for all 2FAs, like banks etc.?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you have service at all? Can you call out and receive calls.

If you cannot receive 2FA by SMS request to receive it by email.

If you did not receive or cannot receive your 2FA code by SMS - Click on: ‘Didn’t get a code’ and you will get more options. Chose email.

Meow_0-1702051385836.png

Meow_1-1702051389951.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jdf58092  There should be option that says “didn’t get code “ tap it do you not get option to send code to email instead ? If same use this direct  link to support to help you gain access 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Need Help? Let's chat.