cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ttransfer number

AlicjaKulaga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I transferred my number from Virgin Plus, I received an SMS from them asking if I agree, I replied YES. After some time I received an SMS from Public Mobile: Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. It's been 7 hours and no one has contacted me. Now I have the same number on both the old phone and the new one. I can't call my new phone. However, I can send SMS. If I try to call, only the old phone rings. When I log in online to my Public Mobile account, under Profile I have the number I wanted to transfer. Similarly, when I check the phone number on my new phone, I also have the number I wanted to transfer. So the correct number

9 REPLIES 9

@Alina8899   If you're not seeing an envelope icon, tap/click your avatar and select Messages from the drop down menu.  Whether there is an envelope icon or not seems to depend on the device.  I puzzled over this for some time until I discovered that, there's no envelope icon on this browser/device, I think it may just be people using a computer.

@Alina8899 

Sent again, please check 

Alina8899
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did not receive your community inbox message. Can you please resend 

Alina8899

How do I go back to change my selection from keeping old number and request a new one?

Alina8899

Looks like old provider disconnected my line. I don’t care to keep old number I just thought if I could I would. So now that I don’t know how to go back and change my selection of keeping old number. i want to request a new number but dont know how 

@Alina8899 

why you are unable to transfer your number? did you check with the porting team?  Did  you talk to them and they explain what went wrong?

Alina8899

I’m currently experiencing the same problem.

I texted support to see if I can change my number to a new one since I’m unable to transfer old number from Roger’s. What I read was that you can cancer you number 4 times within 30 days. Under profile under the pencil icon. But I’m unable to do this right now as the message in my profile says it will take 48 hours to complete profile update. Guess I’m stuck waiting 2 days to see if I can switch my selection of transferring number to selecting a new number

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Use the old account number instead of the IMEI. Call the number and keep that old sim in that phone to reply again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AlicjaKulaga 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.