cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tsawwassen Location Talk issues

acedanger123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent

used Public mobile for probably 3 years now, but over the past 2 months I can't even use my phone to speak with someone, I can hear them perfectly, but when I speak only portions of words come through, no one can understand what I'm saying. It's not just my phone, my Wife, and my In laws all have Public Mobile and have the same problem. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

8 REPLIES 8

@acedanger123   try to change your network connection to Manual and pick Public Mobile.  Also, change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only and see if it helps

If nothing work, I think you need to open ticket with support and see if they are aware any known issue in the area

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

acedanger123

I live close to network towers, and I haven't had a problem for the past 1.5 years, just over the past 2 months. what will going around and flipping phones do to solve the issue? this shouldn't be the solution since surely buy a new phone is not the answer you are suggesting?

@acedanger123  do you live close of any of these network towers?

softech_0-1686010242302.png

There are quite a lot of network towers in the area and I am surprise you have poor signal

As I said earlier, anyone you know using Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin/Lucky? ask them to see if they have similar voice issue.  

Check if you have better voice when you move away from where you are.  Or if possible, put your PM sim card in your friend's phone, a newer phone to see if the voice calls are better

acedanger123

yes as I outlined in my initial post, not just my phone that is the issue, this is the case across 4 devices in the Tsawwassen location. All not living in the same household. 

sim swap doesn't work, reset all networks don't work.

Older Iphone, Xs

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@acedanger123 - that is a lot of phones having that same issue. Tower issue near you, if you are all using the same one? 

If you have done device troubleshooting, and since there are more than a few accounts with issues, i'd supply CSA in a ticket with all the phone numbers and see what the issues could be.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I wonder if it has something to do with the gradual redistribution of 3g bandwidth. Does your phone stay on LTE/4G when making a phone call, or does it drop down to 3G? I'm curious if you've been upgraded to VoLTE yet (and if your device is compatible).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@acedanger123  do you know anyone in your area using Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin/Lucky? do they have similar issue?

What phone do you have? brand and model?

do you think you get better voice quality if you go away from where you are now (I assume your home)?

Try to swap the sim cards between you and your wife.  It could trigger a sim re-provision and it could resolve the issue

Also, try to "Reset All networks" on your phone

and how new is your phone?  if it is a new iPhone or phones from the last 2 years, maybe you can try to enable VoLTE on the device and it could help

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@acedanger123  Do you and your in laws live close by each other , does it only do this when at home … or certain areas … try maybe resetting  your network settings and see if it helps

Need Help? Let's chat.