cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to switch SIM / look at plan, Generic Error

thighmaster69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to switch my SIM. When I went on Self Serve and tried to select the plans tab, it threw up

Generic Error

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

OK. So I go to the main page and click on the Switch SIM link directly, when I typed in my number, no luck.

Tried using a different browser, etc. etc. none of them will work.

I've noticed the self-serve website has been slow/very buggy. Is there any solution to this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

@thighmaster69 Thanks for sharing the solution. 

Glad it worked out for you. 

thighmaster69

Haha that won't be an issue, I can read french perfectly fine

I actually solved the problem by going into InPrivate mode (ctrl+shift+p) on Internet Explorer (not Edge).

Weird how that's the one that worked, not even safari on my phone worked. But it seems to have updated, thank goodness.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Try switching to French instead English. That often solves the issue. Just have google translate for you .

@thighmaster69 wrote:

None of it seems to work, I even tried doing it on my phone. It seems to throw up the same error when I access the My Plans/ Addons tab as well, not sure what's going on... anyway, I guess I'll have to message a mod. Do they reply on weekends?

@Shazia_K

Yes they do, but not at this time of the night.  They will follow up on yur private message in the morning.

thighmaster69

None of it seems to work, I even tried doing it on my phone. It seems to throw up the same error when I access the My Plans/ Addons tab as well, not sure what's going on... anyway, I guess I'll have to message a mod. Do they reply on weekends?

@Shazia_K

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have never tried a SIM swap myself, but it should be relatively straightforward.  Some people having issues with the portal have resorted to using incognito mode, not sure why that would do anything.  Try also clearing browser cache.  If all else fails, send a private message to a moderator.  They can help you apply the new SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.