cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to purchase a pre-owned phone, can't log into my account

CJL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I already have an account.  I'm trying to replace my current phone by purchasing a certified pre-owned phone from Public Mobile but when I try to log into my account during the purchase it says my email and/or password is incorrect (it isn't because I'm able to log into my account).  Do I need to set a new account to purchase a phone?

5 REPLIES 5

CJL

Thank you!

@CJL 

There are 3 separate accounts you can hold with Public Mobile.   They are:

1. A self-serve account - this is what is used to manage your mobile phone service, such as plans, add-ons, and payment methods.   Everyone who is a public mobile customer should have a self-serve account and creates one online when activating.
  2. A community account - this is what you're using now to communicate with others, like us, to get advice and tips.
  3. A 'store' account - this is what is used to purchase products from Public Mobile.  Currently, you can purchase only used phones and Public Mobile SIM cards.

To make a phone purchase, use the store account option.  You don't 'need' to create an account to use the store, however it wouldn't hurt to do so.

The device will come with a free Public Mobile SIM card, however you DON'T need to activate that card, simply keep it on hand as a spare, or give it to someone who you may refer to Public Mobile sometime down the road.

When you get your new-to-you phone, simply remove the SIM card from your current device, and place in the replacement device, making sure you utilize the appropriate SIM card adapters to either increase/decrease the SIM card size to match the SIM-card slot of the replacement device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJL 

sorry you looking only to purchase device and for you line with public mobile is will be as is and your account and phone number is will be same you don't need to do anything... but for purchase you can't use your self-serve account..it's a different for purchase you can Continue as a guest to purchase it,

or if you needed Create Account as my OP the link there.

CJL

I've never changed phones with Public Mobile so I wasn't sure if I had to order through my account.  Basically I just want to upgrade my phone and keep the same plan but I new to doing this. I used to be with Telus and they would handle transferring the new phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJL 

Continue as a guest,and purchase it,

or if you needed Create Account – Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.