cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to pay for a week

thisisridicsigh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been trying to pay for a week, my card on file works fine for everything else, everything in online banking checks out, I can't call my credit card company because you disconnected my phone and both your online portal and 611 are just bots that say 'sorry we encountered a problem' and refer me to one another

Tomorrow morning I'm going to port my number to another provider and suggest the people I referred to do the same before they get caught in this trap. Your payment system broke and you're screwing me over, you didn't even have the common decency to send me a message letting me know I was getting cut off or that you failed to withdraw your autopay (from a card that, again, is verified to be working fine), I just heard that people couldn't call me after a few days.

It's both insane that there is nobody who can help me with this mistake and that it was made to begin with.

7 REPLIES 7

What recording do you get when you dial 611? Maybe it was down when you tried it before.

Did you possibly have some credit card fraud problems recently and the bank took back all the charges?

Did you try the voucher method?

You can also use the real time payment method in some stores.

Just pay the amount to reactivate the account and then you can port out. You can't port out a suspended number unless maybe you're going to Telus or Koodo. Anywhere else needs the account to be active. Pretty much all providers work this way.

thisisridicsigh

Just to follow up, I'm still being given the run around and they still won't let me do any of:

1) pay to unlock my current plan

2) port my number out

3) literally anything else

I've been given no options and an endless question runaround. They're telling me I have to pay $15 to port the number out, but also that they won't let me pay, but also that I can reactivate my plan, but also that I can't. This is sheer insanity dragging on for the better part of a month.

thisisridicsigh

Thanks for an actually useful post, as opposed to people telling me to contact 611 (which I mentioned I already tried and was broken), use another card (again already mentioned) or try another device (again just read the post you're replying to ffs). I had no idea there was any way to contact these assclowns. I'll be fighting with them to get my number returned to me today, appreciate the pointer.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@thisisridicsigh - your username is reflective of your dismay. 

If your account is currently suspended, you will have an issue porting to another provider (unless over to Koodo or Telus perhaps).

Did you have an autopay failure, or just trying to make a top up payment to your account?

If after trying other's tips to bypass these issues, and still problems submit a ticket to CSA and explain the issues/frustrations you are having and get them to fix you up asap.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yup, there's all kinds of stupidity here. But there're also all kinds of workarounds. Buy a voucher online or in stores and use 611 to enter it. Or in the account. Or you can use the real time payments method in some stores.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@thisisridicsigh   did you try to use Incognito mode?

any chance you have another card to try?

and this same card was working before?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@thisisridicsigh @Try again incognito mode private mode there are cache issues . Also if your remember your pin you can 611 and even get a voucher and 611 no pin needed 

Need Help? Let's chat.