cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to log into apple account but its not working

Qman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have two-factor authentication on my iPhone and it says its texting me the code to my phone number, but nothing is coming up. I also can't receive a phone call version of the code and I can't call or text anyone. This is a brand new phone by the way with the same phone number as my old phone that I lost.

22 REPLIES 22

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Qman 

I have been reading that there is a glitch on email and texting on IOS 14 and 15.

I have been having issues with system data storage. It shot up to 30gb while my IOS storage is only 8gb.

IOS 16 is to correct my storage issue sometime in June 2022.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Qman  - Have you set up your phone number on your iPhone yet?

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

@Qman you open ticket with PM support yet?  please do so if you have not yet.   hope they can look into this ASAP

Qman

I updated my iPhone to the latest version and was able to log into my Apple ID (and download some apps) but I still can't call or text.

@Qman wrote:

I don't have another phone, idk why you'd assume that.

no, I am just on the safe side as we seen this a lot

It would say it has been some time since your request to Change SIM, really time to open a ticket with PM Support :

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sometimes an imessage goes to iPad or iMac if you have them paired with iPhone. Then it wont appear on the phone.

@Qman wrote:

I'm expecting a text with the code because the number it's sending it to is my phone number for my phone

Qman

I don't have another phone, idk why you'd assume that.

@Qman wrote:

It's a slightly used phone I bought from a store.

I suggest you to check blacklist with the link I provided above.

Also, try with an active SIM that you are 100% certain that it works.  If the other sim works in this new iPhone, perfect and we can now focus back on PM Change SIM

of course, put the PM SIM in another phone as well to confirm the the Change SIM is completed

Qman

It's a slightly used phone I bought from a store.

@Qman wrote:

None of them are working

Good, it is time to step back.  It is not an Apple issue or so, it's your Change SIM issue, maybe we have to jump back to your other thread LoL

How long you have requested Change SIM?  has it been over 2 hours? you have been rebooting your phone every 15 mins for an update? 

is this a brand new phone you got from a trusted source or buy it off Kijiji or private sell?  just want to confirm your phone is good and not blacklisted (check it here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/)

do you have another phone you can put the new SIM into it for testing? And do you have another SIM to  put it into your new iPhone to confirm the new iPhone is working?  Just  want to eliminate the chance that it is a device issue

Qman

None of them are working

@Qman wrote:

No they're not working, and my other trusted device if I remember correctly is my PC

One second, they are not working as in you cannot receive regular calls from friends and regular text from friends?  If so, then the SIM change has not completed yet

can you first check if you can make outgoing calls and text

can you receive incoming calls and text (regular one, not from Apple, have your friend to call you and text you)

Mobile data working?

If none of them or even just some of them not working, the change SIM has not been completed yet

Qman

No they're not working, and my other trusted device if I remember correctly is my PC

@Qman   Can you confirm if you are receiving regular calls and text from friends without issue first?

I understand you just got SIM changed, would like it make sure it is working 

Also, do you have another trusted device to receive the code?

Qman

I'm expecting a text with the code because the number it's sending it to is my phone number for my phone

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Qman 

Are you sure you are expecting a text with the code.

OR

Another Apple device where the code will pop up.  Ie an iPad or Mac?

Qman

I'm on iOS 15 rn

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Qman 

If you confirmed you are getting regular incoming phone calls and text from friends, Not sure if Apple still trying to send to your trusted device rather than sending regular text.  did you check these:

What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. It’s one less thing to do, and your account is still protected with two-factor authentication.

If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery is an automatic process designed to get you back in to your account as quickly as possible while denying access to anyone who might be pretending to be you. It might take a few days—or longer—depending on what specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

If you generated a recovery key, you can use your recovery key to regain access to your account instead. Learn more about using a recovery key."

Anonymous
Not applicable

OPX904: The other thread seems resolved. It's helpful to read updates from OP's.

@Qman : Can you go to About phone and check for updates while connected to wifi (not cell data).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Qman  Can you receive regular calls and regular text?

0PX9O4

@Qman 

Are you in touch with CS_Agent already, about the issue in your other thread? They can also help you figure out this issue.

If your voice and messaging services are not working fully yet, it will have to be a PM agent that has to resolve that for you.

0PX9O4

@Qman 

How long have you had the number now? Did you port it in recently from another carrier?

EDIT: Saw your other thread

Need Help? Let's chat.