cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to activate phone online

Vagn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The activation form does not accept Gatineau, my city in Quebec.......how will I proceed?

15 REPLIES 15

@Vagn wrote:

The activation form does not accept Gatineau, my city in Quebec.......how will I proceed?

@Vagn 

I couldn't check this for you earlier because of a self serve website issue, but I've confirmed for you that you should be selecting "QC-OTTAWAHULL", for which both 819 and 873 area code phone numbers are available to you. These are Gatineau phone numbers.  They are simply going by old city/rate centre names, Hull being part of Gatineau.

@Vagn 

Try anything with the 450 area code.....

Vagn

Thanks.

@Vagn wrote:

S

o if someone call me from my present location in Gatineau and my phone number is in Vancouver they will not be charge for a long distance call? 

Depends.   if you have a Vancouver phone  number , your Gatineau friend will be calling long distance to you.  However, many plans these days include Canada Wide callling. ..Many .. but NOT all

On the other hand, if you join PM, you have Canada wide calling you can call anyone in Canada without Long Distance charge.

@Vagn wrote:

S

o if someone call me from my present location in Gatineau and my phone number is in Vancouver they will not be charge for a long distance call? 

The city of your phone number actually makes zeros difference for you. It only matters for people who are trying to call you as they might have to pay long dsitance to reach you.

@Vagn wrote:

Thanks. I did that but Gatineau is not on the list.

I took a look at the phone number assignments for the 819 and 873 area codes, and when it comes to Gatinineau, I did see entries for "Telus Quebec". However, since Gatnineau is not in the list, that means that there are no phone numbers available.  You'll need to choose a nearby city. My suggestion was for an Ottawa-Hull phone number.

Vagn

S

@computergeek541 

Added additional comment to my reply.

Vagn

Thanks. I did that but Gatineau is not on the list.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Vagn 

Note that all incoming and outgoing Canadian are included in all PM plans.

Long distance applies to International calls.

That is true for the currently offered Public Mobile plans, but it's still possible that someone else may have to pay long distance to call this member.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Vagn 

Note that all incoming and outgoing Canadian are included in all PM plans.

Texting is free so they can text you for you to call them.

Long distance applies to International calls.

@Vagn wrote:

The form refused to accept Gatineau when I typed it in so I could not  pick an area code phone number from there.
I am from Vancouver and I could pick a vancouver number but right now I am located in Gatineau Que and I am concerned that When someone calls me from Gatineau they will be charged long distance! 

The city selection for choosing a phone number isn't a text input box and is primarily sorted by province. Open the drop-down menu and press "Q" or scroll through the list until you get to Quebec.  The entries for Quebec are then sorted alphabetically by city name. Scroll through the list and click on your desired city for a phone number.

Vagn

The form refused to accept Gatineau when I typed it in so I could not  pick an area code phone number from there.
I am from Vancouver and I could pick a vancouver number but right now I am located in Gatineau Que and I am concerned that When someone calls me from Gatineau they will be charged long distance! 

@Vagn wrote:

Do you mean for your account profile or for picking a phone number?  If you're trying to get a new phone nubmer, there should be an option for Ottawa-Hull, although I realize that might not be ideal (if it's a 613 area number).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Vagn wrote:

did PM not allow you to us Gatineau as the city on your address or not allow you to pick a phone number from Gatineau?

Need Help? Let's chat.