cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to activate a sim for my son without a credit card

leetrevino
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to activate a sim for my son without a credit card ?? I have existing account myself which i pay with voucher pins .. trying to activate a sim and setup account for son & it now requires a credit card which defeats the whole purpose of prepaid numbers because most use Public because they dont have a credit card

10 REPLIES 10

leetrevino

cs_agent got it activated all good

I can't help it. lol yup I can believe it. You're having an adventure today aren't you.

leetrevino

Would you believe i went & got a $25 vanilla visa and when entered it in it added tax so wouldnt process because card is only $25 FFS

@leetrevino 

Pretty sure Prepaid Visa will work. You just need to put a valid address with a matching postal code (any address will do).  Another member just confirm he used Prepaid visa  to activate on another post last week 

I think lindsey is mistaken.

I don't think anyone here would disagree with your other comments.

I have used those Vanilla visa gift cards. I have tried the MyVanilla variation without success which is why I question the reloadable type. I also use the more formal Koho prepaid card which is reloadable but it seems to be in a different class of reloadable prepaid.

@leetrevino 

Is Lindsey a PM CS_Agent? It is news to me that those Visa won’t work. 
Contact a CS_Agent and they can straighten this out for you.

leetrevino

i think it was someone named lindsey who said that prepaid visa will not work ... i've already spent $100 on sim plus vouchers now gotta get prepaid visa ? Why not just add vouchers for sim activation or payment ?? Doesnt make any sense the purpose of pre paid services is because people dont have credit cards

Prepaid visa gift cards are accepted. I would question the reloadable gift ones though. There are also more formal prepaid cards that work too. It would be recent news to us if support was no longer setting up to allow vouchers.

Who told you couldn't use prepaid cards?

leetrevino

been trying to do that and they said they wont accept prepaid visas and wont activate with vouchers

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@leetrevino 

You can purchase a reloadable Visa or contact a CS_Agent by private messaging (envelope icon) on your computer to help you activate the SIM with vouchers.

IMG_0525.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.