Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Login Issues: OTP, 2FA, EverSafe

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are working very hard to resolve errors some of you are facing when logging in or creating a new ID. For Eversafe ID specific issues, our agents are currently unable to support a fix. Please hang tight until we provide an update. 

In the meantime, please try the following temporary workarounds: 

1. Try clicking "resend" to get options for email, SMS and voicemail (this workaround only works if you have created your Eversafe ID)
  2.  If you are copy and pasting your code, delete the last number and type it in - the button should no longer be greyed out
  3. Some individuals facing this issue are entering incorrect e-mail and/or password: please retry your credentials or attempt a reset
  4. Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

We will post as soon as we have resolved the issues. 

UPDATE workaround for password reset 6:30 PM EST: if you successfully reset your password and get a confirmation email: you can exit and ignore the OTP page, go back to log in, clicking resend if you need a new OTP. 

UPDATE: 5/25/2023 6:30 PM EST: We're working on consolidating your feedback and are prioritizing a fix. Thank you for your patience over the next short while as we iron out launch kinks as fast as possible.

Learn more about EverSafe ID

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
181 REPLIES 181

cooleh19881
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

any news in regards to the fix, cannot logon to my account since the eversafe change

@2502- So your services aren't working?

If it's about keeping it alive before being fully deactivated then there are other payment methods instead of logging in.

1. If you know your 4 digit account pin then you can dial 611 and use your pre-registered payment card and make a payment to reactivate the account.

2. Or buy a voucher in lots of stores or online and use 611 to enter it. No account pin needed.

3. Or use the real time payments method in some stores.

It has been two weeks and no progress. I will try again in some time again before I lose my number, but not expecting anything at this point. I will then lose my account I guess.

frostyfire22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks a lot for your info. I am new here and appreciate your information.

HI @catfishwill   what browser are you using?  some broswer like Firefox has an option to "clear cache on exit", maybe you have it enable.  I am using Chrome and Edge and both working find with "Trusted device"

catfishwill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

wow.. ive been using pcs since windows 3.1,  iv'e clicked trust this device the last 7 times i logged in...IT DOES ASK AGAIN ! so i will just be phoneless if most mobile goes that way...but maybe a smart company won"t

HI   @catfishwill 

EverSafe could be a slightly challenge to setup, but once it is setup, I found it as easy to use as other login system.

as to the 2FA code, it is inconvenient to some, but most mobile coming is going that way and it is unavoidable.  So, going to another carrier won't help.

Remember to click  "Trust device" at the bottom when you enter the 2FA code and it won't ask you again

catfishwill

Eversafe is ridiculous, what a waste of money ...i used to be able to do my business with PM in less than 3 minutes, since Eversafe it takes 5 mins for ONE page to load, my family and friends are leaving and so am I, it is frustrating to have to log in twice with two different passwords AND then wait for ANOTHER password to be texted to me to log in....what garbage , and why would i want to download ANOTHER app to my phone...i just want my phone to be a phone.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LitlLdy I have posted about this situation there too.

@Anonymous , sorry. I didn’t know! I should have look 1st at that post before giving you the link. 😕 So, you probably already did as J_PM suggested (screenshot below) then on that page! If so you already did everything right, plus you sent private message to CS_Agent doing both of those should get your community account back soon! Several long time members have lost theirs but slowly getting them back! I know it’s certainly frustrating! 
IMG_0089.jpeg

Edit: @Anonymous , you can also tag @J_PM  in that other post as well as bravoing her post so she will know you’re not getting anywhere with CS_Agents help! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have goten some responce but they did not seem to understand. Further festrating the matter. Will be continuing to message them to attempt to resolve. As the cummunity operating heavely as customer service disappointing these issue have happend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LitlLdy I have posted about this situation there too.

@Anonymous message again today and tomorrow.  Many have got their id back shortly after re-sending the message 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech I have already reached out to them waiting to hear back. Really disapoint with the community nickname situation.

@Anonymous wrote:

Will there add attempt to address the new nickname/account set up issues for the community with the new EverSafe accounts we have to create. Should not have to loose prior account information, stats and login options due to login changes PM made.

@Anonymous , please go to this post New Community Account Created After EverSafe ID concerning that!

@Anonymous support can help to link the old one back

please message them

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will there add attempt to address the new nickname/account set up issues for the community with the new EverSafe accounts we have to create. Should not have to loose prior account information, stats and login options due to login changes PM made.

bmwrider

I am able to do so today, thanks.

bmwrider

I was finally able to log in and all seems to be working, just very frustrating and time consuming yesterday

bmwrider

Most frustrating, confusing, mixed up, and anoying time ever...plus many more descriptive words that I cannot put here. I rarely sign into my account as I rarely have to. I have been a PM subscriber for years and have always bragged to others about the service, low costs, and reliability of PM so imagine my dismay at haveing to spend a few hours to figure out how to get logged into my account. This is not something I need as I am moving to a rural area that has very sketchy service, at least from PM and I was trying to find out if there is a way to boost a signal, about adding more data until I can get internet connection, etc., etc.  Trying to just get logged into my account, changing password numerous times, only to find out the password wouldn't work the next time....it is all very confusing and frustrating. Not using the Community help service very often, as I never needed to, makes it difficult enough toto find answers, but with all the hoops one has to jump through just to get into their account I am wondering if it is time to look at other providers?   I don't know if I am posting this in the right space or not, I  tried to find other topics that may be more suitable for these comments/questions, but eveytime I tried something, I would be logged out and back to frustration of logging back in.

HI @Reyn  no update

but your login still have problem? please submit another ticket today

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hI @frankysplace , try to submit another ticket today , message them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HI @Jscottie 

if you cannot login , please submit a ticket to PM agent, they need a ticket 

message them here:

frankysplace

I was able to use my Sugar Mobile number to receive 2 factor. I was an early adopter of their service before the CRTC shut down their ability to access wireless data for their voip and texting app. When that happened the gave existing customers access to the app free for life. So if I lose my phone I can get my two factor over my Sugar Mobile app.

Jscottie

I can't login either. It doesn't recognize my email address 😤

Jscottie

Jscottie

I can't log into my account. This new system doesn't recognize my email address. How do log in to purchase another month's plan?

Reyn

Any updates on fixing your system?

HI @Reyn I can login My Account without program just now.

Please try again using Incognito mode. or try another browser

Reyn

Right? Agreed

Reyn

I've been trying to get in my account but I can't. 

So this new system has locked customers out?  This is the screen I get

Screenshot_20230602-010646.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.