Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Login Issues: OTP, 2FA, EverSafe

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are working very hard to resolve errors some of you are facing when logging in or creating a new ID. For Eversafe ID specific issues, our agents are currently unable to support a fix. Please hang tight until we provide an update. 

In the meantime, please try the following temporary workarounds: 

1. Try clicking "resend" to get options for email, SMS and voicemail (this workaround only works if you have created your Eversafe ID)
  2.  If you are copy and pasting your code, delete the last number and type it in - the button should no longer be greyed out
  3. Some individuals facing this issue are entering incorrect e-mail and/or password: please retry your credentials or attempt a reset
  4. Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

We will post as soon as we have resolved the issues. 

UPDATE workaround for password reset 6:30 PM EST: if you successfully reset your password and get a confirmation email: you can exit and ignore the OTP page, go back to log in, clicking resend if you need a new OTP. 

UPDATE: 5/25/2023 6:30 PM EST: We're working on consolidating your feedback and are prioritizing a fix. Thank you for your patience over the next short while as we iron out launch kinks as fast as possible.

Learn more about EverSafe ID

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
183 REPLIES 183

Reyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Right? Agreed

Reyn

I've been trying to get in my account but I can't. 

So this new system has locked customers out?  This is the screen I get

Screenshot_20230602-010646.jpg

Lisahaa2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the suggestion. I am using this in incognito mode and it is still incurring the same issues. 

@Lisahaa2 , try this 

This link works to send a message to CS_Agent: “Private Message CS_Agent” 

@Lisahaa2   It looks to me just a caching issue

Try to login My Account using Incognito mode (or Private mode of Safari) and see if it works

Lisahaa2

Hello,

This is the second time in a week I posted in this community because I am having issues. I had to create a new username because I can't log in to my account to use my username. I tried going into my mailbox to private message a CS agent but it won't recognize @CS_Agent as name to email. So here I am.

I can't log into my account. These are the issues:

1) I can't get into the user sign in page (I tried pressing `sign in', 'my account'). The sign in page doesn't show up.

2) on the off chance it shows up, I enter my email and password and then the sign in page shows up again.

This is getting ridiculous.  I need to change my credit information so my phone will work. Right now my phone doesn't work and it's not good!

HI @John300   no chance of going back.  people already changed email/password and everything

What is the problem you re facing?

John300

Quickly, revert everything back and once your technicians have figured things out then switch and "update" to whatever you are doing. Nothing is working....I have no phone. If you don't fix this fast I will just transfer my number to Koodo or something else.

HI @John300  I think they want to combine the login for My Account and Community to make it one system

and EverSafe is a Telus thing, just a fancy name

John300

Why did you guys switch to Eversafe? Wasn't it safe enough already. Now we need to enter thousand passwords and confirmation codes to keep us "safe". I can't log into my account, my community account and no phone subscription. What happened? My good deal subscription is down, no service and I can't access any online services and accounts as I need a confirmation text message????????

BennyB

Thank you, I tried that with no success. I get invalid code replies, but no additional options 😔

HI @BennyB   did you try this as suggested by PM

1. Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

and if that does not work, you will really need to submit ticket with agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BennyB

When I click "Resend Code" the countdown starts over but I am not given any additional options like send email. To arrive at this screen I have already signed by email, received the code by email, and selected this is a trusted device. I am still then directed to this screen to confirm by phone number.

HI @BennyB   at that screen, click Resend Code and then click Send email 

see if it works

BennyB

Just joined Public Mobile last night and still can't login. The Eversafe code never sends to my phone. I received the code by email, but then I am greeted with the same message to confirm through my phone number.

Screenshot_20230531-071036.png

Screenshot_20230531-071044.png

Kokejazz

Thank you, hopefully works. I'm about to switch.

HI @Kokejazz 

if it didn't work, time to submit ticket with CS agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kokejazz

These options DON'T WORK! Get your crap together and fix it, the service is not free.

Kokejazz

I have the same issue, customer service sucks, after all this back and forth messages the Rep. send me a link which didn't resolved the issue, still trying to fix it

@Vivian11 wrote:

@CS_AgentHi, I cannot login to my another account because I do not have access to the sim card now - I can't receive the code. I also tried typing incorrect OTP code 4 times, but it didn't give me the option to send code via email. Please help with the issue. Thanks!

@Vivian11 , unfortunately this isn’t how you contact a CS_Agent. This is a public/ open forum where you post to other Customers & get a response back from them. Please send a CS_Agent a private message & explain the situation in full detail. 

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Customer Support Agents are available from:

- Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox at the top right of this page (envelope icon to the left of your community avatar).

Vivian11

@CS_Agent Hi, I cannot login to my another account because I do not have access to the sim card now - I can't receive the code. I also tried typing incorrect OTP code 4 times, but it didn't give me the option to send code via email. Please help with the issue. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This message saying customers are dumb is posted under a message saying PM knows its web services aren't working and they are posting "updates" with partial fixes described with technical jargon.  PM is too far down the dumbing down path, it's time  to smarten up.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@A_CX_PM 

Here are some ideas that could be easily added to avoid confusion.  I often see posts where customers do not understand... I see hundreds of posts per week where customers post personal information to the community, thinking they are contacting customer support directly.  The tab that they need to click on should identify that the post will be public and only customers will see it.  You need to dumb it down for some people.

Many people don't take the time to read or try to understand so these things could be more clear

DDM69_0-1685460834872.png

DDM69_1-1685460834901.png

DDM69_2-1685460834911.png

DDM69_3-1685460834917.png

EW2

I get a Forbidden A1 when I try to login after SMS code.

@LitlLdy wrote:

@jaguarbass126 wrote:

When I log into the new app it works.  When my wife logs into the app it opens my account!

And when I logged into the community just now I had to make a new nick name.

Help!

@jaguarbass126 , that’s certainly odd! It shouldn’t log into your account in the app on her device! Have you possibly logged into the app on her device for your account or visa versa?

I’m not sure why it made you create a new username on here but seems it’s happening a lot. Please send a CS_Agent a private message to help you get your username back. Sorry 😕

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox at the top right of this page (envelope icon to the left of your community avatar).

Actually, PM is requesting that you go to this thread and follow the instructions on in the first comment (no the OP), here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Community-Account-Created-After-Eve...

@jaguarbass126 wrote:

When I log into the new app it works.  When my wife logs into the app it opens my account!

Help!

@jaguarbass126 , that’s certainly odd! It shouldn’t log into your account in the app on her device! Have you possibly logged into the app on her device for your account or visa versa?

I’m not sure why it made you create a new username on here but seems it’s happening a lot. Please send a CS_Agent a private message to help you get your username back. Sorry 😕

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

jaguarbass126

Help!

superm73

Any update?

@softech  Correct. Also discovered that incognito tabs don't remember they are a Trusted device. Regular tabs do. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite 

so the workaround worked when a user has not completed the EverSafe setup , the part about linking the phone number (My Account) to EverSafe account?  

Need Help? Let's chat.