Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Login Issues: OTP, 2FA, EverSafe

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are working very hard to resolve errors some of you are facing when logging in or creating a new ID. For Eversafe ID specific issues, our agents are currently unable to support a fix. Please hang tight until we provide an update. 

In the meantime, please try the following temporary workarounds: 

1. Try clicking "resend" to get options for email, SMS and voicemail (this workaround only works if you have created your Eversafe ID)
  2.  If you are copy and pasting your code, delete the last number and type it in - the button should no longer be greyed out
  3. Some individuals facing this issue are entering incorrect e-mail and/or password: please retry your credentials or attempt a reset
  4. Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

We will post as soon as we have resolved the issues. 

UPDATE workaround for password reset 6:30 PM EST: if you successfully reset your password and get a confirmation email: you can exit and ignore the OTP page, go back to log in, clicking resend if you need a new OTP. 

UPDATE: 5/25/2023 6:30 PM EST: We're working on consolidating your feedback and are prioritizing a fix. Thank you for your patience over the next short while as we iron out launch kinks as fast as possible.

Learn more about EverSafe ID

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
183 REPLIES 183

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Luddite wrote:

@A_CX_PM  @PBForMe1  First time login rejects current password IF it doesn't meet current requirements. I found workaround is to request password reset and create valid password. Then login again and await the 2FA sms. No way to bypass that. So if you manage several accounts they need to send you the 6 digit code and you can then toggle "Trust this device" for future logins.

I don't get a password rejection, I get to the OTP code screen but it won't give me the email option which only becomes available after you create the EverSafe ID so people without sim access are locked out. 

@A_CX_PM  @PBForMe1  First time login rejects current password IF it doesn't meet current requirements. I found workaround is to request password reset and create valid password. Then login again and await the 2FA sms. No way to bypass that. So if you manage several accounts they need to send you the 6 digit code and you can then toggle "Trust this device" for future logins.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should tell people that the EMAIL option will not show up until you've created the EverSafe ID no matter how many times you press resend - it will only show SMS and VOICE.

The EMAIL option will show up AFTER you've created the EverSafe ID, not before so people without access to the SIM or not getting the OTP codes are locked out. 

I've tested this with my accounts, the one with the EverSafe ID already created shows the email option, the legacy accounts without EverSafe ID created will not show the email verify option. 

What this effectively means is that if you can't access the OTP codes for whatever reason you are locked out unless you already migrated the account to EverSafe.

Need Help? Let's chat.