cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles with incoming calls

kayla87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ported over a number for my grandfather and set him up (24 hours ago) and incoming calls will not come through. I can call out on his phone, text and use data but when I call him or anyone else it goes straight to voicemail.  He has a basic flip phone. I can be tech savvy so I've already checked all the settings and restarted the phone and updated his voicemail but nothing has worked. It has to be a PM issue. Can someone please help me.

13 REPLIES 13

@kayla87 

Put the bell sim card back in the phone and see if it's working. If so then follow @t_p  or @Anonymous instructions to call the telus porting department to reinitiate the port request and reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it.

Unless of course you cancelled the bell services before porting the number in then that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayla87 

you miss a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

@kayla87 wrote:

But the incoming calls still will not work.

So it looks like everything works but incoming calls.

Do they end up in a voicemail? Do you have another phone handy so you can call Your ported number and see what is happening? Call just gets dropped, goes into vmail, no ringing at all, etc.?

I guess you re not blocking numbers which try to call you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayla87 : Shortly after doing all the activation and porting, the SIM (in a phone) would have received a text that required a response to confirm the transfer. If you did not do this step then the port will have failed and here you are. Use the number the earlier poster gave you to re-trigger the port and put the Bell SIM back in. My bet would be that that SIM still works.

This is how it works. You can do outbound but not inbound before the port completes.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@kayla87 wrote:

I have no way of finding out because the phone is transferred to public mobile now, so no the bell account no longer exists. I didnt reply to any text but I do recall seeing a text saying about how the $10 would be applied to the account.

@kayla87 

If you haven't replied to the SMS, the port is incomplete. You need to call the number I sent, or contact PM customer service to restart the process.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayla87 

if you can't fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...  

kayla87

I have no way of finding out because the phone is transferred to public mobile now, so no the bell account no longer exists. I didnt reply to any text but I do recall seeing a text saying about how the $10 would be applied to the account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayla87 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayla87 : But does your old service at Bell still work? Did you reply to the transfer confirmation text?

kayla87

Ported from bell mobility... all seemed to go smoothly. Public mobile is up on the cell phone as the provider, that happened instantly. And i could make calls and text pretty much instantly. And when i make calls it uses minutes from the public mobile package so it seems that the porting process would be over. But the incoming calls still will not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayla87 : What kind of service did you port from? Landlines and voip services can take longer.

If you ported from a cell provider, did you confirm the transfer text? Does the old service still work?

kayla87

Ok. But it's been 24 hours

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@kayla87 wrote:

I just ported over a number for my grandfather and set him up (24 hours ago) and incoming calls will not come through. I can call out on his phone, text and use data but when I call him or anyone else it goes straight to voicemail.  He has a basic flip phone. I can be tech savvy so I've already checked all the settings and restarted the phone and updated his voicemail but nothing has worked. It has to be a PM issue. Can someone please help me.

@kayla87 

The porting is probably not completed yet. I'll send you a number to call and check the status. Check your inbox.

Edit: Did you reply Yes to a texto sent by the old carrier asking for confirmation of the transfer? You'll need to keep the old SIM in the phone to get that message.

Added reference if you want to learn more about the process:

Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.