cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble transferring # and no response yet

Micab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Spoiler

Hi - after signing my son up with pm we've had some trouble transferring his mobile #.  We filled out the required form in 'contact us' but I haven't heard anything back yet and it's been a few days.  

Currently he can get data and make outgoing calls but no text messages in going or outgoing and incoming calls go right to his virgin mobile voice mail.  Our account with VM is still active and paid in full.  Advice would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Micab I'm glad @Shazia_K was able to fix it for you quickly.  Welcome to Public Mobile!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Micab

And the problem is solved. Thanks @Shazia_K for the quick response.  I waited to look into the problem because I wasn't sure about putting it out there for the community but it was great - much better than sitting on hold waiting to speak to customer service or having to go to a storefront.  Cheers

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Micab

Click on this and learn how we can communicate in private.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Micab

Great thanks.....one more question....how do I private message you?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Micab

I'm really sorry for the late reply, 

I will be glad to help you out, can you please send me the following info via private message?:

-Current Public Mobile number

-Porting number & account number

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

Hi @Shazia_K or @Mary_M, could you please jump in to assist @Micab when you have a moment?  They have been waiting for quite some time.

@Micab sorry to hear about this, I hope they can resolve this for you quickly.  Welcome to Public Mobile, and the community.  Cheers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Thats more than long enough.  Generally, mobile number transfers within minutes.

I hope a moderator can investigate and give you an update shortly.  

This should get taken care of soon.

Micab

Thanks @imm1304

It's been 4 or 5 days since I submitted the form I think so definitely more than a couple of hours.  We are just swapping back and forth for now and he's doing okay because it was the data that he was craving - God bless Pokemon Go.......

I'll try to private message one of the moderators if I don't have any progress today. 

imm1304

Hi @Micab!

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with number transfer from Virgin.  

How long has it been since you requested the number transfer? 

In the meantime, you can continue to use the Virgin sim card.. it will stop working when the number transfer request is complete.  

One of our moderators  @Mary_M@Shazia_K can look into this for you if it has been more than 2 hours.  

Need Help? Let's chat.