cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble sending SMS and receiving calls

Stroz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello I have been reading though as many posts as possible and I have not found an answer that works.
I don't seem able to send or receive sms messages or receive phone calls anymore. I was recivieivng phone calls and sending and receiving sms messages on a PM number. Then I ported in my old phone number and now sms and receiving phone calls do kit work. Phone calls appear to go straight to voicemail. Sms don't work in either direction. But sometimes they say sent and received and other times not sent. I tried to go back and redo things with the ASUS native messenger and reset the settings but that didn't work. I rebooted the phone and also took out the SIM and rebooted the phone. Nothing works so far.
Anybody with any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.
8 REPLIES 8

Stroz

Hello Mods.   @Mary_M

When you get a chance I think my port from Chatr is stuck.

I see my account is still active through Chatr.

I cannot send or recive SMS.

I cannot receive incoming pone calls.

My V-Mail will not initiate.

I know you are busy. When you are able I would appreciate help finalizing the port of my number.

Thank you.

Stroz

Hello and Thanks for the answer. !!

I think I will need to contact a mod on this.

Shawn above offered some help. However, because of your post I went into my prior wireless account with Chatr and can see that my account is still active there.

However, my old phone number is correct is being used on PM. It also shows the correct / my old phone# on the caller ID. My account in PM also shows that my old # I ported in from CHatr is being used.

So I guess I have 1/2 Chatr and 1/2 PM?  🙂 oh well.

All is interesting and I am usre will all be resolved soon. 🙂

Thank you again for your help.

Stroz

Hello and Thanks for the answer.

I think I will need to contact a mod on this.

Luddite below offered some help and I went into my prior wireless account with Chatr and see that my account is still active there.

However, my phone number is correct and it sows the correct phone# on the caller ID. ANd it shows the number in my PM account as being the one in use.

So I guess I have 1/2 Chatr and 1/2 PM?  🙂 oh well.

Also funny, when I call my number from work it goes to straight to V mail saying that it is not activited, but I did activate it last night. So Iguess V mail is not working either.

All is interesting and I am usre will all be resolved soon. 🙂

@Stroz This may help:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Most times ports are stuck you will have calling out but most incoming calls go to teh voicemail of your old provider.  Do you know if your old sim still works?  You caould put that in your phone if working and it would probably have full functions. 

Here is a thread about contacting PM

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Some people have also had some luck through facebook or contacting on twitter.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Stroz
Sorry
Thinking out loud. Is it possible to get the port working so that calls can be made outgoing but incoming calls can't make it to the phone?
And if I do need the help of a mod can is sending a help request the beat way to contact them?
Thanks again.

Stroz
Yes that is what happened.
I had some problems getting the sms working initially but was able to make it work by using the native messenger for ASUS. Then I got my old number ported in and everything seemed to work great. The sms texts looked to me like they were going through. I got confirmation they were sent and delivered but jo one got them. I thought everuone was mad at me and or ignoring me. But it turnrd out my sms were not going through. And when I called them I got through but when they called me it wrnt to voicemail. I just set up my voicemail so I will ask people to call me tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply appreciate that.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So firstly you started with a new PM number and things were fine and then you ported over your previous number and now you have are having issues?  If this is the case it sounds like your port is hung up in the process and you will need a mod to help you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.