cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble porting a landline number to an existing PM phone

kegerton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to port my landline number to replace my existing PM number and all appeared to go okay.  The phone showed my number was changed to the new number but no one can call me as a message says the number is not active.  I got a message from PM on my phone to fill out a sim card activation form but I already hyad a PM sim card so the number comes up as invalid.  What else should I do?  I can make outgoing calls but no incoming calls.

3 REPLIES 3

@kegerton wrote:

I tried to port my landline number to replace my existing PM number and all appeared to go okay.  The phone showed my number was changed to the new number but no one can call me as a message says the number is not active.  I got a message from PM on my phone to fill out a sim card activation form but I already hyad a PM sim card so the number comes up as invalid.  What else should I do?  I can make outgoing calls but no incoming calls.

This will not fix itself after any amount of wait time.  That message that you received is Public Mobile's way of telling you that the number porting request has failed.  Ignore the instructions about using that form because it doesn't exist.

The number showing in your Public Mobile account and for outgoing calls pretty much means nothing about porting status. Public Mobile does that inmediately when the request is made, and does not mean that the number transfer is complete.

The number not in service mesaage when someone is calling you is troublesome.  That should not be hapenning.  Did you cancel your landline service?  If you did, you will first need to reactivate it.

Then, contact Public Mobile's moderators and provide them with the account information from you landline carrier.  You can contact Public Mobile through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kegerton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported it on Saturday so that should have been adequate time.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kegerton wrote:

Good question. It could take 24-48 hours or more for a landline to port over.

Need Help? Let's chat.