cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble log in after transferred provider

niluhetu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved to different carrier and I want to delete my card information (auto pay). I have trouble getting through my login, tried forget password but no avail. I want my refund.

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@niluhetu unfortuantely, porting out on day 1 of your new cycle or day 29 of your new cycle, the story is no different--there is no refund for unused portion of your cycle.  You would have been better to port out a day or two earlier, since your account would have been shut down before the payment and renewal occurred.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Public Mobile is ONLY Prepaid.  When you originally signed up, you had to pay for 30 or 90 or maybe a 10-day plan.  Turning on AutoPay only made it easy to remember to pay.

As your plan renewed on Nov 26, you're lucky you got your phone number ported out.

niluhetu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I contact moderator? I had auto pay with credit card and it charged on Nov 26 which was my billing cycle, and I moved to a new service provider same day at evening of Nov 26. So in my understanding my account was not pre-paid, it was post paid. So I supposed to get refund, isn't it?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@niluhetu if you are looking for a refund for unused portion of your cycle at the time of your transfer to another provider, you will be disappointed.  Public Mobile is a pre-paid service and does not offer refund for unused portions of your cycle, period.  If you were accidentally charged for a renewal after porting your service elsewhere, then yes you typically be entitled to a refund.  Please contact the moderator team as noted and see what they can do for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

HumbleBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yep. I misread. 

@HumbleBee, I think you're either misunderstanding the original poster, or you've replied in the wrong thread for the message you're thinking you've responded to.

HumbleBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Go through the lost password procedure. you should be able to get a new password.

As for a refund I would not expect any. PM is a prepaid service. So anything you already paid for is a completed transaction. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

You'll need to message the Moderator_Team as your account is now deactivated, and you no longer have access to it as you've ported out.

Monitor your credit card bill as folks who have not removed their card information prior to porting out have on occasion noted they've been charged even though their plan has been cancelled.

Need Help? Let's chat.