cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting into account

DanW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just received my new sim card today. I did go through the process of creating an account when i did the order and i got an email saying my account was activated in preparation of setting up my new phone service. Today when I tried logging in it said my account password was not recognized. When i tried to reset it in self service it said that email could not be confirmed. Thought that maybe it didnt get set up right so i tried creating another account but all 3 mobile numbers i tried to use to set up a new account said they could not be used as they may already exist (which is odd considering only the first I tried was ever involved in ordering the simcard and are not with public mobile). I also tried submitting a ticket to reset the password but i cannot since i cant fill out enough options due to not having an account number or phone number active with public mobile. I'm at a loss why i was able to log in last week and now its not working. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

@DanW wrote:

I did try this but it does turn out that its the fact that i had not activated the sim card and not really created an account. The process is a bit confusing and i think it may be a good idea for public mobile to indicate that this account is only temporary when buying the simcards. (i may have missed a warning though)

An account doesn't need to be created to order a sim card. If you do create one at that time, it is for sim card ordering only. I can only guess that it allows you to save your address if you are to order more sim cards in the future.  This isn't any type of temporary account. It is unrelated to Public Mobile services or self serve account activation.

DanW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did try this but it does turn out that its the fact that i had not activated the sim card and not really created an account. The process is a bit confusing and i think it may be a good idea for public mobile to indicate that this account is only temporary when buying the simcards. (i may have missed a warning though)

Thanks,

Dan

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@DanW wrote:

Hi,

I just received my new sim card today. I did go through the process of creating an account when i did the order and i got an email saying my account was activated in preparation of setting up my new phone service. Today when I tried logging in it said my account password was not recognized. When i tried to reset it in self service it said that email could not be confirmed. Thought that maybe it didnt get set up right so i tried creating another account but all 3 mobile numbers i tried to use to set up a new account said they could not be used as they may already exist (which is odd considering only the first I tried was ever involved in ordering the simcard and are not with public mobile). I also tried submitting a ticket to reset the password but i cannot since i cant fill out enough options due to not having an account number or phone number active with public mobile. I'm at a loss why i was able to log in last week and now its not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @DanW the sim cards came with "Follow these steps to activate your SIM cards" brochure.  You should have followed those steps.  But not to worry, click this Activate your SIM card it is #2 on Getting Started.  Good luck!

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  👋

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you haven't activated a sim then your self serve account has not been setup yet.

Try using  a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@DanW the account created to order your SIM was temporary. When you activate your SIM online and pay a permanent self service account will be created. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if you need them:
1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Need Help? Let's chat.