cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble connecting to network after returning from US

pickwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, I’m trying to solve a network connection issue and have trouble creating a ticket so thought I’d ask here.

I was recently in the US, had a PM data add-on that worked for the first half of my trip only, when that stalled I got a second (non-PM) SIM to use for the second half of my trip, and am now having trouble connecting to the network with my original SIM after returning.

My service has worked well for 2-3 years. I have a dual SIM android phone, I get full signal, calls and texts work, but I can’t access the data portion of my plan. My network and APN settings haven’t changed, and I have data available that I should be able to use.  

I’ve tried toggling airplane mode, restarting, removing the SIM card, selecting the network manually, resetting network settings, but no access. I had to manually setup a new APN for the non-PM sim but I think that was linked to the sim directly and shouldn’t have affected my original card. When I look now it still connects to sp.Telus.com and there are entries for Koodo and PC. 

My data add-on seemed to stall partway through my trip, which is why I got another sim - could that be part of the issue somehow? 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pickwood wrote:

On the link you sent to the APN settings is what got it working. It was set to use sp.telus.com when it should have used the sp.mb.com APN. My card lists that as a PC mobile APN, but it works so I’m happy. Thanks all for the help. 

@pickwood 

your welcome,

glad to hear that is works

enjoy your service...

pickwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On the link you sent to the APN settings is what got it working. It was set to use sp.telus.com when it should have used the sp.mb.com APN. My card lists that as a PC mobile APN, but it works so I’m happy. Thanks all for the help. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@pickwood...try manually selecting either AT&T or T-Mobile...whichever works best for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pickwood 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.