cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Transfering Your Number

MisterSoda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I recently switched from Fido to Public Mobile. 

Despitr porting, and getting a message from Fido confirming the port, my Fido account has not been closed, and I cannot receive text messages on my Public Mobile eSIM.

I got the following text message from Public Mobile:

“Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. You can also get in touch via our virtual assistant at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat”

No one has called me for more than 12 hours. I can’t open a ticket, because the website has been down since as well. I left 2 PMs to CS_Agent, which have yet to be responded to. 

How can I fix this issue. I’m extremely disappointed with the service at PM.

18 REPLIES 18

@Chi-nguyen   It depends on the issue whether they can help, they only deal with specific porting issues. I will private message you the number but if they can't  help then contact Public Mobile support by raising a ticket at the chat/message icon bottom right of this page which is the normal way to get support.

Chi-nguyen

please send me the number to call for porting issue. Thanks

@RanrN125   Check your community private message inbox, I just sent it.

RanrN125

May I have the phone # to report porting issue? I transfer my acct today and have the exact issue.  Thank you!

@jaet   It should now be in your community inbox, envelope icon top right or click/tap your avatar for a drop down with Messages

jaet

Hello, can you please send me this number? I was left a voicemail about a number transfer issue with a phone number to call back, but it must have been stated incorrectly since it doesn't work. Thank you

Meg7676
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK, good luck

Full disclosure - even though they finally resolved my issue by sending me a new ESIM, I am cancelling with them tomorrow and going back to my old provider that has live tech support.  This was a very frustrating process, and the fact that they don't realize that leaving new users with no service, and literally no one to assist you to get on the network is ludicrous.  My issue took less than 5 mintues to fix, but took me 2 days to get anyone to give any attention to help

Patricia96

@Meg7676 thanks meg. I submitted a ticket about an hr ago and still waiting for their reply 😞

Meg7676

I had a similar issue porting over from Virgin.  Don't bother with the "live chat" agent, they can't help.  I found that out the hard way, after waiting online yesterday for almost 3 hours

I finally had success by launching a "ticket", as I was 99% certain my issue was due to the Esim failing to activate. I would get a message on my phone "Unable to activate Esim. You can try again, or contact your carrier for assistance"

My suggestion is to launch a ticket- please note it took me 2 or 3 times to actually get a ticket submitted, but I think this is the quickest way to reach a tech support agent.  The porting agents can not help you with tech issues

I also tried emailing CS support and never got a response

Patricia96

@Phil_Adelphus im having the same issue as mister soda and no one is getting back to me....

@Colinyen   Check your private message inbox for the number (envelope icon top right or click on your avatar and select Messages if you don't see an envelope icon).

Colinyen

@Phil_Adelphus  After porting in, I can do all the outbound stuff and access data but can't receive text or inbound calls

@Colinyen   It's only for porting issues, what problem did you have?  Can you call out but not receive calls?

Colinyen

@Phil_Adelphus 

Hi can I get the number as well 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MisterSoda 

If porting is not completed, your Fido SIM should still work. To complete the porting process, you must reply to the text from Fido confirming you are porting over to PM within the 90 minute window.

Somehow, you missed replying to the text or missed the window time. A CS_Agent can fix this easily by private messaging them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

So keep the Fido SIM in your phone and wait for the agent to restart the porting. They will contact you by pm so wait for the notification on your avatar top right under Messages.

Meg7676

I asked about that with the live chatbox agent, was told there was no number for porting support.........again, very disappointed there is no help for new clients to get started

Meg7676

Similar happened to me - tried to use the online chat, waiting for 3 hours for a real agent, and they could not do anything.  Have sent 3 emails with no response.  I am going back to my other provider as they now have offered me a better deal.  The tech support on this platform is abysmal,  really disappointed

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@MisterSoda   There is a number to call for porting issues, I will private message you the number.  Check your community inbox for the number in a few minutes (look for envelope icon top right or click avatar and select Messages)

Need Help? Let's chat.