cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to USA from Canada

nicole7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm a little confused on what add-on to purchase. I'm travelling to the states from Canada so I'm assumming that I purchase US roaming? If that's what I purchase does my plan work in the states to make calls to other US numbers because I was reading one add-on and it said the call has to originate from Canada.

6 REPLIES 6

anbil9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Us roaming talk will allow you to call us and Canada from us

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nicole7 wrote:

Hello, I'm a little confused on what add-on to purchase. I'm travelling to the states from Canada so I'm assumming that I purchase US roaming?

@nicole7  That is correct. The foloowing are the available add-ons:usr.JPG

If that's what I purchase does my plan work in the states to make calls to other US numbers because I was reading one add-on and it said the call has to originate from Canada.

@nicole7 Yes, you can make unlimited calls to any US number and any Canadian number while you are in the US. If you purchase the text option you will also be able to send texts to US and Canadian numbers.

moalkhatib
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

depends, chose the right add on

nicole7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much

@nicole7 

Here are the different 10 day US roaming packages. 

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nicole7 yes, purchase any of the roaming 10 day voice add ons. They will work to make calls in the US . See pic here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Price-Add-ons/m-p/501304/highlight/true...

Please note, buying an add on is a 2 step process . 1st place the funds, then buy the addon. The add ons are on a 24 hour clock and start immediately when purchased. It recommended that you buy your addon as close to the date of travel as possible. 

When in US, enable roaming and restart your phone . Enjoy your trip. 

@nicole7 wrote:

Hello, I'm a little confused on what add-on to purchase. I'm travelling to the states from Canada so I'm assumming that I purchase US roaming? If that's what I purchase does my plan work in the states to make calls to other US numbers because I was reading one add-on and it said the call has to originate from Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.