cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to US

Forgot2Flush
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, and thanks in advance for any help you may provide. My daughter is travelling to the US later this month. She is on the 75 GB Canada/US plan. She has an iPhone 12, and I have roaming enabled on the phone. From what I read, VoLTE is automatically enabled once a PM sim is activated (in this case it's an eSim). Is there anything she needs to do other than restart her phone when she is in the US. I have read some horror stories about data and/or phone calls not working once across the border. I want to ensure that her phone functions as necessary once she arrives in the US.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Forgot2Flush 

looks like she's got everything in order. As soon as she crosses into US, she's still going to get a message that she needs to go to Public Mobile and buy an add-on...tell her she can ignore that message. I bring it up because a few recent PM'ers have traveled ti US and been confused by7 that message.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Forgot2Flush 

A few tips:

Use either T mobile or AT&T as partner US carriers. If one does not work well, choose the other. 

Sometimes better to force the phone into L4G/LTE (instead of 5G or AUTO)

Rebooting the phone solves issues.  Sometimes a network reset (this will erase any saved Wifi passwords)

Here is some more troubleshooting advice:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

Need Help? Let's chat.