Travelling out of province

sajujsam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My plan is the following:

• - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance (Add On)

My home province is Manitoba. 

If I am travelling outside of Manitoba, can I use data, talk and text without incurring any roaming charges?

7 REPLIES 7

@Jb456 wrote:

One suggestion. Buy a $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes as a backup. These 500 minutes will rollover every 30 days until all used up. Two steps to buy an add-on 

According to the OP, he already has "500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance (Add On)" - so should be golden!

@Triguy wrote:

Yes, your plan is Canada wide so there would be no roaming charges.

There would be no roaming charges regardless of the plan. Roamnig and long distance are often confused with one another but are not the same thing.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sajujsam wrote:

Hi,

My plan is the following:

• - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance (Add On)

My home province is Manitoba. 

If I am travelling outside of Manitoba, can I use data, talk and text without incurring any roaming charges?

@sajujsam   PM is prepaid so there will be no extra charges, you only get to use whatever you have already paid for your 30 days of service.  If you run out of data or outgoing mins ($15 plan has limited amounts for both) before your cycle renews and resets everything, then you just won't be able to use anymore data/outgoing mins until renewal. 

Of course, as already suggested, it's a good idea to purchase the add-on mins as an insurance so that you have access to outgoing calls should you deplete your plan mins before your renewal.  It might also be a good idea to get $15/1 GB data add-on which also only will be accessed when you run out of your plan data and remaining amounts will keep rolling over every cycle until completely used up. 

All domestic add-ons are non expiring which makes them an economical and practical purchase.

@Jukebox I was suggesting the 500 minute add-on as they're on the $15 plan. Not for their trip but just for backup in the future. Many of us (I'm on that plan as well) all have added 500 minutes for $5 just as a safety net.

Jukebox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have a Canada wide plan, then you don't need any add-on. as long as your traveling within Canada.

On most new devices you can turn off roaming just in case that US cell tower has the better signal while traveling near the border

Enjoy your trip!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You sure can no matter where in Canada you are.

One suggestion. Buy a $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes as a backup. These 500 minutes will rollover every 30 days until all used up. Two steps to buy an add-on 

1 - add money to your account 

2- click purchase add-ons and buy the $5 Canada wide 500 minute add-on.

Safe travels!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, your plan is Canada wide so there would be no roaming charges.

Need Help? Let's chat.