cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling internationally, need to change plan to minimum

nidhi24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am travelling abroad for a couple of months. i just want to keep my number active till i am back in Canada. Dont need any data plans, so is there any subscription plan through which i can just keep my number active. please help

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nidhi24 

Once your current cycle expires, if you remove the subscription status thus disabling auto pay, the account will stay inactive for up to 90 days before it permanently deactivates.

So all you really have to do is just disable the subscription status on your self-serve screen.

Then when you return within the 90 day (since you're only going to be gone a couple of months) just go in and resume the service by making the payment necessary to restore the plan.

Ladie1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't know of any specific plan for that purpose.  You could just revert to the $15 plan.  If you are on the old loyalty plan with a few dollars deducted, that plan is really inexpensive. 

Howevert that tack risks losing any really good plan you may currently have which may not be available when you return.

ulearn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@nidhi24 I would likely suggest switching to the cheapest plan available which is the $15 a month for good measure. Also add enough funds for 12 months including taxes. Why? Just case, you decide to stay longer than a few months...and when you come back, you can switch to a better plan. 

I have read some horror stories in the community where people have lost their numbers because they left they plan lapse with no payment to the plan. Hence, why adding extra money if you can (just in case!)...plus, you won't lose it if you come back and it's in your account too! 

Need Help? Let's chat.