cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling abroad

queentriger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will be in Honduras for the winter.  I wont have Public mobile service so how do I get my calls?

4 REPLIES 4

MusaLeporis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@queentriger wrote:

Will be in Honduras for the winter.  I wont have Public mobile service so how do I get my calls?

Public Mobile offers a roaming add-on option for USA only. Any other country will have no service at all from Public Mobile. The only way to receive calls to your Public Mobile number would be to subscribe to setup a VoIP app like TextNow of Fongo Mobile gives you a new canadian number, that you can either use to dial into your Public Mobile voicemail to retrieve messages, or call forward your Public Mobile number to your TextNow/Fongo Mobile line so you can receive those calls over WiFi or mobile data from a local SIM in Honduras.

Public Mobile thankfully includes unconditional call forwarding in all plans, including the $15 plan (unlike Telus and Koodo which charge $5/mo or 50c/min for it) so it's a nice option.

You can also consider downgrading to the $15 plan if you are going to make use of the call forwarding to keep your plan active for this feature. Otherwise, you could suspend your service for up to 90 days past your current cycle expiry date if you tell your contacts to call the TextNow or Fongo Mobile number directly while you are away...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@queentriger 

If you are staying longer than 90 days in Honduras. I would suggest you switch to the $15 plan on AutoPay/Subscribe so you won’t lose your number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@queentriger sorry, PM only has roaming service in US

You will need to buy local data prepaid sim or travel eSIM for data.  For voice, use VoIP app TextNow. You camale and reviews call using it.  You can also set unconditional forwardimg yo the TextNow number so you cam receive the call on TextNow.

Newbies2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning,

Public Mobile only offers service in Canada and US(through their roaming add on. The cheapest way for you is buying a local SIM and use IMessage, FaceTime, WhatsApp or Vibers to contact friends or loved ones in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.