cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to Mexico

Maribel19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I'm taking a cruise from the US and one of the stops is in Cozumel. I plan on having my phone on airplane mode while on the ship. Once offboarded in Mexico, what am I allowed to do (what's included in my current phone plan?). Where can I get more info about the ** there is beside text and picture messaging? Am I able to text in Mexico? What about calling or use Google Maps like use data? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

Maribel19

Thank you very much for your help.

Maribel19

Very helpful. Thank you

@Maribel19 

You can use WhatsApp or TextNow app to get free calling and texting while on your cruise or Mexico when connected to wifi.

The advantage of the 90 days plan that is it a lower monthly rate. The drawback is when you decide to switch plans. You need to do it near the end of the cycle because there are no refunds for unused days.

@Maribel19 wrote:

Where do I find my community profile? Thanks 

You can access it by clicking your Community avatar in the top right hand corner of the screen. Go into My Profile. There's a photo section in there and an option to remove the picture.

Maribel19

Where do I find my community profile? Thanks 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Maribel19   While your Public Mobile plan will not work at all in Mexico, you can still use Google Maps by downloading them in advance or over wifi to use offline.  

@Maribel19 wrote:

Hello! I'm taking a cruise from the US and one of the stops is in Cozumel. I plan on having my phone on airplane mode while on the ship. Once offboarded in Mexico, what am I allowed to do (what's included in my current phone plan?). Where can I get more info about the ** there is beside text and picture messaging? Am I able to text in Mexico? What about calling or use Google Maps like use data? Thank you.

Sorry, but when you're in Mexico, none of your Public Mobiel services will work.

@Maribel19 

I have removed the screnshot from your message earlier as this information was made visiible to anyone in the world.  Please also make sure that you remove the picture from your Community profile as I cannot do that for you. This is very important for the security of your Public Mobile account.

Maribel19

On top of this question, my other would be about changing to a 90 day subscription. Is this 90-subscription the same exact monthly plan and perks I have but that it just charges me every 3 months?

Need Help? Let's chat.