cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel to USA

georgyboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I'm going to the states. In case of emergency, can I make a call to Canada and how much will cost me??? i use the prepaid service. Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

ghatanaka

For longer than 15 days consider a esim from AT&T or another US carrier that your phone supports

@georgyboy , yes, there's no usage limit over the duration of the add-on.  However, you should be warned that calling is only possible on the T-Mobile 2G network.  Calls are rather iffy based on community feedback.  I think if you were in a large metropolitan area, you are more likely to be okay.  

@georgyboy  Yes you can for 15 days while in the US 

georgyboy

The question is...

Once I buy the add-on $15 for 15, I can call Canada every day???

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@georgyboy  Also note when purchasing US add on they start immediately so only purchase before your head off for your trip . Also you want to be connect to T mobile and possible reboot your phone  when in the US 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@georgyboy - how long are you going for ? Roaming addon last 15 was days, and are active as soon as you purchase them, but only work in USA.

See what ones are available here:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/manage/shop/addons

OR, you can dial 611 to purchase Roaming addons also from your public mobile device.

IF you are going for longer than 15 days consider a local SIM card.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@georgyboy  You need to buy a U.S. roaming add on to be able to 

Adding sign into self serve go to plan add on tab and choose US add on that’s best for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.