cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring remaining balance on between accounts?

Will123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is this possible? I have one kid on Public (with a good sim, working account - he’s been using it without issue for 6 months) and another kid we tried to port over from Speakout unsuccessfully (I’ve posted about this already, PM is sending a new SIM).  We’ve reloaded the Speakout account now and have an active Public Mobile that we probably won’t use for a few months (maybe 6 months or more now that I’ve thought out how long his usage will stretch with Speakout). Since the active PM account we aren’t using has a monthly plan (and I’ve turned off the subscription/renewal), it will probably go to waste but I wonder if it’s possible to transfer the balance from that account to my other kid who uses Public?  I pay for both and have access to all accounts.  TIA! 

8 REPLIES 8

Will123

I’m sure the Public agents do not know how to port from Speakout. I tried to get involved but they won’t share what information they use other than the IEMI/pin/account number. They kept telling me they’d sent an email to Speakout but whenever I called Speakout, they had nothing and couldn’t figure out why Telus or Rogers were involved. At the same time, Speakout wouldn’t give me their email address or accept any information from me about Public. I dealt with numerous people at PM through the porting centre, they consulted with their tech support team and eventually gave up and told me to sort it out on this forum.  I’m clever but if I can’t be involved in the porting process, I can’t help them. It’s surely a training issue with PM but I’m not a stakeholder and not engaged enough to pursue this further tbh. 

@Will123 - that is super frustrating and feel that should not have happened. Did the public mobile agent know what they were doing...I wonder? When porting from Speakout, I believe you are supposed to enter Ztar Mobile (see the link above about porting from Speakout) as the provider. Do you recall doing that, or did the agent mention this?

Will123

They didn’t tell me anything. I doubt they know what’s going on tbh. I’m in Ottawa and appreciate the offer to help, but I don’t think I’ll bother with this PM account it’s just a few bucks. 

Will123

Yes, the PM SIM worked fine but they couldn’t make a phone number work. We started with a port attempt and after a couple weeks of them contacting Rogers repeatedly trying to execute a port, we gave up and asked for a new number - the porting centre tried to assign a new number but it didn’t work. We tried changing it ourselves in settings on the app but that didn’t work. CS agent decided to send us a new sim promising a credit but my kid was pretty frustrated having been out of his phobe service for nearly 3 weeks. 

@Will123 wrote:

Ok thx. We never used the account so I don’t care about the number. We’d tried to port into Public from Speakout but between PM, Telus, or Rogers, they weren’t able to contact Speakout.  I started a monthly plan with PM thinking they’d be able to at least assign us a new number but they screwed up the PM SIM somehow so they are sending a new SIM which they said would take three days but after seeing the posts here about people waiting weeks for their SIM, I decided to just stick with Speakout for the time being. I spent about 10 hours trying to activate a $15 plan so I think I have to also consider my time and sanity lol. It’s only $15 so if Public needs to pay their bills, they can have it I guess. 😉 

@Will123  - oh my.  I don't quite understand why you could not use the first sim? What did public tell you about why it failed?

Any chance you'd like to share your city you are in? Or private message me if you don't want to publicly post it here. I'd be happy to try and help, even if remotely. 

Will123

Ok thx. We never used the account so I don’t care about the number. We’d tried to port into Public from Speakout but between PM, Telus, or Rogers, they weren’t able to contact Speakout.  I started a monthly plan with PM thinking they’d be able to at least assign us a new number but they screwed up the PM SIM somehow so they are sending a new SIM which they said would take three days but after seeing the posts here about people waiting weeks for their SIM, I decided to just stick with Speakout for the time being. I spent about 10 hours trying to activate a $15 plan so I think I have to also consider my time and sanity lol. It’s only $15 so if Public needs to pay their bills, they can have it I guess. 😉 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Will123   sorry, no , you cannot transfer fund between accounts.  😞

and once number  is ported, account will be closed and all the fund will be gond

So, maybe stay for another month to use up the fund first?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Will123 - No, you cannot transfer the balance from one Public Mobile account to another. you can reactivate the account before the 90 days of being in nonpay status to the lowest plan of $15 to keep the account and phone number. Then, remove autopay again before the next renewal date. This is a way of keeping an account and number without losing it and any available balance.

What was the issue with speakout? are you saying it was just an issue with the sim card...although this rarely happens?

fyi, see troubleshooting porting from speakout : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-also-t...

Need Help? Let's chat.