cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring phone number

David74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday when I got at Public SIM at Walmart I wasn't told about porting my old phone number. I have a VOIP line from Teksavvy with a number I've had for the last 50 years. It would be great if I could use it with my first cell phone.

5 REPLIES 5

@BKNS27 wrote:

@David74 

Are you asking your old Teksavvy number for 50 years to be ported over to PM?

If this is the case, you need to contact a PM CS_Agent by private message (envelope icon) or SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket then follow the prompts.

Why would he need assistance of CSA when everything could be done in self-service?

OP has to open PM account, select proper plan, get temporary number, confirm everything works as expected (SMS/calls/Internet) and then request porting.

I assume OP has 'land line' so he will not be getting SMS to reply YES.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@David74 

Are you asking your old Teksavvy number for 50 years to be ported over to PM?

If this is the case, you need to contact a PM CS_Agent by private message (envelope icon) or SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket then follow the prompts.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@David74   It is not too late.  You can still change number now

Just login to My Account and pick Change Number and then select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider"

E-MyAcc-ChangePhoneNum.png

You will then need to complete the rest of the form

Please note transferring from Teksavvy could take 3 to 7 business days depends on the complexity of the work

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@David74 , number transfer is a self serve feature in your online account.  Please follow this help article on how to.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Need Help? Let's chat.