cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number issues

Daisy213
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had my phone number transferred from bell when I signed up. It worked good for 10 days. I phoned my husband and he asked where I was calling from I said my phone he said that it’s not the number that came up on his phone. To make a long story short I inserted the Bell SIM card back into my phone and my phone lit up with a bunch of text messages even one from Public Mobile stating that they had trouble transferring my phone number and issued a new phone number. Any information sent to me is sent to the phone number I wanted transferred not to the new number, including authentication codes. How do I speak to an agent to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

CapeBreton

Welcome to the community! I’m still a newbie but I also had some issues when porting my number & activating my account.  I definitely recommend creating a ticket to chat with someone. My husband switched to PM at the same time without any issue. He took over figuring out why I was having difficulty because I wasn’t receiving texts or anything either.  The agent who worked with us was extremely helpful and went through a couple ways to try troubleshooting the issue.  Once my number was successfully ported the agent reached out to me to ensure all issues were solved. I thought it was nice considering it was my husband they were dealing with to resolve the issue. 

JellyNova

You can attempt another transfer by going to Profile > Transfer Phone Number and entering your Bell number. You will need to keep the Bell SIM card in to approve the transfer via text message. If it still does not work, or you did approve this last time and had issues, you can submit a ticket to an agent here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Daisy213  so the port didn’t completely no worries ,I’ll   send you the porting  team private message they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.