cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number from Shaw Home Phone

Hasteli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my shaw home phone number to public mobile last night and it went through perfectly fine. But for some reason the shaw home phone is still active with the same number. 

As of right now, any calls I make to that number, go to my home phone, instead of my cell phone. As well, I can still make calls from my home phone (which shows up as the same number).

Although, I can make calls from my cell phone as well (showing the same phone number).

I'm not sure who to contact or how to proceed at this point. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Hasteli wrote:

I transferred my shaw home phone number to public mobile last night and it went through perfectly fine. But for some reason the shaw home phone is still active with the same number. 

As of right now, any calls I make to that number, go to my home phone, instead of my cell phone. As well, I can still make calls from my home phone (which shows up as the same number).

Although, I can make calls from my cell phone as well (showing the same phone number).

I'm not sure who to contact or how to proceed at this point. Thanks!

Porting land lines can take up to 7 days PM days

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

how long has it been since you ported?

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Transfering landlines can take longer so you can wait and the home phone should stop working once the port is complete. Otherwise contact the mods using private message 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hasteli, number ports from non wireless sources can take a little longer.  It could take a couple of days for this the complete.  Long ago when I moved my landline number to a wireless service, it took 48 hours.  In the mean time, the best thing to do is to continue to use the old service until it stops working which is the best proxy that the porting is completed.

Need Help? Let's chat.