cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number from Landline

DeeTee1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently had to change the name of an account holder's landline to my name where I wish to transfer the number to Public Mobile. Even though the name change is complete, the "new" account number may not be provided until a couple of billing cycles later. If I wish to take advantage of the promotional plans now, how would that work? I should have authorization now under the other service provider. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @DeeTee1 

you still need to provide the account number to PM for successful tranfer

but first, you should get a new number, a temporary number first.  Once the activation is done and working, you can request porting with the correct account number of your old carrier (account number should not be change even with a name change)

Please remember porting from landline can be 3 to 7 days long

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @DeeTee1 ! It sounds like you've changed the name on the landline account and are looking to transfer the number to Public Mobile. If you want to take advantage of promotional plans with Public Mobile before the new account number is provided, you should reach out to Public Mobile's customer support. You can DM CS_Agent from the inbox (little envelope icon).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DeeTee1 

active when ever you wish and take a temporary number until LL is free to transfer later.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DeeTee1  Just creat an account now with the plan you want with temp PM number and port it in when your ready and have all the proper info 

Need Help? Let's chat.