cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring landline

Knix1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When trying to transfer my landline # to PM it asks for complete address.  I cannot put in my city and it is not on the list.  Without the city I cannot complete the transfer. 

11 REPLIES 11

Knix1

I included the name of my city on the same line as my street address.  Then I chose the closest city to put in the city field.  I got a phone call from Public Mobile to verify name & address before they sent request to previous provider. 

At no time did they request previous account #.. Because it was a landline it goes by address. 

Number has now been successfully transferred.  Took 6 days. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Knix1  - were you able to complete the activation of the SIM card ?

If the number is portable as per @Handy1 's link provided, and still having issues try using the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance.

NOTE:

• Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Have you already entered the existing phone number? Maybe it is verifying the number (exchange) against the city you enter. I live in coquitlam BC but my exchange is called Port Moody which maybe would cause a similar issue. I recall a new PM customer who couldn’t get a number in Kamloops. Suggested checking for South or North Kamloops as that the official name of the two exchanges in Kamloops and that worked. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Knix1  First check the numbers eligibility for porting ,, most cases it’s fine .. but some can’t be ported 

Check to see if # can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Knix1

I cannot type in that field.  Also it has to be the exact address that my previous provider is using for me so I don't think it will work if I use a different city. 

@Knix1 is that a city field you can type?? if not, then pick the closest city and see if it will move to the next page 

Knix1

No. Unless it was on the next page but it wouldn't let me continue to that without the city 

@Knix1 the porting request process didn't ask for account number of your old provider?? 

Knix1

I went thru the self serve and nowhere did it ask for my previous account number 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Knix1 

first make sure your provided the account number of your landline provider, that is more useful

The city in the PM account's  address is ok, just pick a city close to you, it is not an important field 

and a reminder, porting from landline could take as many as 7 days to complete 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Knix1 wrote:

When trying to transfer my landline # to PM it asks for complete address.  I cannot put in my city and it is not on the list.  Without the city I cannot complete the transfer. 

You are unable to type in your city?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.