cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring existing phone number

JFL1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been over 5 hrs and my transfer is still incomplete. I responded to the transfer request from my service provider within 90 minutes. Not sure what to do next.

My old sim card is still in my phone. I never got a prompt to replace it. Should I just put in the new sim card without being prompted?

3 REPLIES 3

JFL1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a ticket into PM as suggested by computer geek 541. I wasn't sure if installing the new sim card without a prompt would cause more issues.

My original provider has already canceled my service. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@JFL1   I would put the Public Mobile sim in the phone and re-start the phone to see if it works.  This is assuming you are porting in from another provider and not trying to switch between Public Mobile accounts, which you can't do.  I didn't get any notification to put the PM sim in my phone when I ported, I think that some may get a notification these days but I've also seen at least one post where the customer didn't.  Don't discard the old sim yet though just in case (does it still work?)

@JFL1 wrote:

It's been over 5 hrs and my transfer is still incomplete. I responded to the transfer request from my service provider within 90 minutes. Not sure what to do next.

My old sim card is still in my phone. I never got a prompt to replace it. Should I just put in the new sim card without being prompted?

Is this a transfer from another wireless carrier? If that is the case, number porting has probably failed.  Please open a ticket to contact a Public Mobile customer supprot agent using either the chatbot at https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html or by opening a ticket in the support area of the Public Mobile app.

Need Help? Let's chat.