cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a number over from Telus (switched devices after receiving the SIM)

LSiv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would there be any obvious issues if:

1. I do a BYOD plan with an old phone and request for a physical sim

2. Use the SIM from Public Mobile on a new phone and try to port the number from the previous phone

I did the above steps, and it's been almost 12 hours and the phone in step 2 is still not active, but the phone in step 1 has been deactivated from Telus.

There was a text from Telus to phone 1 to which I replied Yes to proceed with the porting.

I can't post on the account the issue is on (I'm helping someone with this issue) since the verification is being texted to the number which hasn't been ported and Telus seems to have cancelled the service as it didn't go to the old phone either.

4 REPLIES 4

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm very happy to hear that everything was successful! The most stressful part is now behind you! You can now enjoy Public Mobile to the fullest! @LSiv 

LSiv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks both, this is now resolved. I think the trick was I had to restart my phone after the porting finished after the restart the phone with the new SIM picked up the public mobile connection fine. 

Odd thing, for my personal phone which I also ported from Telus to Public Mobile didn't need this extra restart (however that was an esim).

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @LSiv,

It seems like you got tangled up in the porting process. Did you get the chance to contact the porting team at telus to retrigger the porting process? Was there any success in restarting the process?

Let us know if you have an update. 

If you are still stuck, I suggest submitting a ticket to customer service and explain them the issue you encountered. They can be reached using the following link: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will respond to you in your community inbox to check it from time to time. Due to high volumes, the delays for your ticket can be 24-48 hours.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LSiv 

watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page...I sent you a number to call for help with porting over.

Need Help? Let's chat.