cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a land line number from Telus (Alberta)

koljav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having difficulty transferring my land line number from Telus at activation.  In Step 2, I have entered all the required information.  Has anyone had similar difficulties?  The last question box asks for "Name on Old Service Provider account".  I'm assuming that's just the account holder's name on the account.  Any other tips?

2 REPLIES 2

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Porting a number from a landline will take longer than porting from a mobile carrier. Best to choose a number from PM to use until your landline ports.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@koljav wrote:

I'm having difficulty transferring my land line number from Telus at activation.  In Step 2, I have entered all the required information.  Has anyone had similar difficulties?  The last question box asks for "Name on Old Service Provider account".  I'm assuming that's just the account holder's name on the account.  Any other tips?

Porting a landline number will take up to 1 week to complete.

It is better to get a number from PM during activation.  Test your service by call in/out before porting your number to PM.  While you are waiting for the landline number to be ported, you can at least call out from your phone.

"Name on Old Service Provider account" is the owner name of the landline number to be ported.  Make sure to match the name shown on your monthly landline statement.

To port a number, you need the following info

1.  Phone number to be ported

2.  Account number of your old provider

3.  Owner name of your account with your number to be ported.

Need Help? Let's chat.