cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a PM number to Koodo

clevrkevr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to keep my existing public mobile number and transfer it over to my new Koodo account. However, my phone and PM sim card were lost so although my PM account is still active, I am not currently able to receive an SMS text to port the number over. When I called Koodo customer support, they told me they require PM to provide a code to release the number. What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Was your number orginally a PM number that you chose from the list when you activated? Or did you port it to PM from another carrier?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@clevrkevr 

If your PM is still Active and you wish to port over to Koodo.

It should be Koodo to help you port your number over since you don’t have the PM SIM to confirm to the text that you are porting over to Koodo not PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@clevrkevr 

Contact customer support to "verbally" approve the port. But don't rush the port if you don't need to and you are in the rewards program. Many customers port out and are disappointed with the new service provider. They are even more disappointed when they realize the port automatically closes their pm account and they lose all rewards, add ons and balance.

Take the 2 weeks you are allowed to test the service and new phone out. If you are not happy you can cancel at no cost to you and just get a new pm sim card to swap in your account and just pick up where you left off. If you like koodo and the phone then port your number into koodo. You don't need active service to port to koodo just a current pm account.

clevrkevr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Apparently not. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@clevrkevr   you are lucky that PM and Koodo are part of the Telus family and they might be able to help without the SIM to approval porting

Open a ticket with PM Support and ask for their help :

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@clevrkevr  - you could get a new public mobile SIM card, if Koodo will not accommodate.

Telus/Koodo/PM all under the same company..is there no way Koodo can obtain authorization another way for you?

Need Help? Let's chat.