cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Number from Public Mobile to Freedom

pccadelinia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Freedom can not port my number from Public Mobile and said that my number does not belong to Public Mobile. What should I do? Anyway, this is only a prepaid number. Thank you 

11 REPLIES 11

mech9t5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Last update.  After about 1.5 hrs my number finally moved.  The odd thing is, I got an email from public mobile thanking me for joining public mobile and transferring my number INTO public mobile.  I would have thought I'd get a sorry to see you go email.  Oh well.

Anyway, the real solution here is that Freedom needs to select TELUS in order to port out of PM to Freedom.  Hopefully this will help future people.

mech9t5

Yes they left Canada (or were forced to).  I called freedom again and told them to just try Telus.  It worked immediately.  Well I at least got the text message from public asking me to reply yes.  The number has moved yet but it is a step in the right direction

Send Freedom request to China???🤔

HI @mech9t5  China Mobile has been here for years, but they left , aren't they?

https://www.richmond-news.com/local-news/chinese-mobile-phone-giant-pulling-out-of-canada-amid-secur...

mech9t5

@softech wrote:

@mech9t5 wrote:

just curious, what was the conclusion on this?  I am having the same issue.  mods said the request never came from freedom and that the request actually went to CHINA mobile.  Freedom keeps saying they are submitting to PUBLIC Mobile.  

@mech9t5   did you put in Account number or IMEI when you request porting 

(btw, you are also leaving PM and going to Freedom?)

I gave them my account number.  I'm on the $15 100 mins plan.  Moving to Freedom $99 plan for a year. 

mech9t5

@dust2dust wrote:

@mech9t5- That's a weird situation but as an earlier reply says, this is supposed to be supported by the new company. If Freedom thinks your CANADIAN area code number is from China then they've got problems. That's not Publics problem. As long as your account here is active and you've given them the correct information and you've left the Public sim in to confirm the text then the rest is up to them.

China Mobile was in Canada for a few years under Telus and issuing canadian phone numbers.  I assume it is some sort of mapping issue but I don't know who screwed up.

@mech9t5 wrote:

just curious, what was the conclusion on this?  I am having the same issue.  mods said the request never came from freedom and that the request actually went to CHINA mobile.  Freedom keeps saying they are submitting to PUBLIC Mobile.  

@mech9t5   did you put in Account number or IMEI when you request porting 

(btw, you are also leaving PM and going to Freedom?)

@mech9t5- That's a weird situation but as an earlier reply says, this is supposed to be supported by the new company. If Freedom thinks your CANADIAN area code number is from China then they've got problems. That's not Publics problem. As long as your account here is active and you've given them the correct information and you've left the Public sim in to confirm the text then the rest is up to them.

mech9t5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If number does not belong to PM then who owns it????

You can change PM number up to 4x per billing period and try porting again.

Being 'only prepaid number' does not mean it is low grade number. For some people it is one and only number they have.

@pccadelinia wrote:

Freedom can not port my number from Public Mobile and said that my number does not belong to Public Mobile. What should I do? Anyway, this is only a prepaid number. Thank you 

All assistance with this matter needs to be provided by Freedom Mobile as it is the carrier that is gaining the phone number that needs to make all arrangements.   Is the phone number still active?  If so, you can port it out.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pccadelinia   did you put in the account number?  they still declined with a proper account number?

Maybe you can try to use Koodo or Telus?

or maybe get a new number with Freedom first, call their support and port after.  They might just need your IMEI number after.  With PM,  I think  after you get a new number and port, they don't really care about the source company any more

Need Help? Let's chat.