cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring My Old Telus Number

Benophone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up and attempted to transfer my phone number from my old Telus account (that was closed ~3 months prior). I was told the transfer was successful upon sign up, but I am still receiving calls and texts on my temporary number ~24hrs after signing up. Is there a delay in switching over to the transferred number? Or has something not worked? 

4 REPLIES 4

Benophone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for all your help! I called the port number and they informed me that my Telus account was closed too long ago (actually 4 months ago) to continue to keep my number. I appreciate all your help

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What does your service say on your temporary phone number? Does it say Telus or Public Mobile? 

If you see Public Mobile then everything is complete and if you want  can change your phone number by going into My Account and clicking Profile. Scroll down to click current phone number and put in your city and province. If you do not want to change your number then you’re all set. 

If you still see Telus then the port was unsuccessful and I will send you the number for the porting department to reinitiate the transfer. Click your avatar and click inbox.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Benophone  Sounds like prying didn’t complete I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port  request for you . If your still having issues you will need to contact support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Benophone 

check the little envelop icon on top right side of page...I've sent you a number to call to get the port process done again.

Need Help? Let's chat.