cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Freedom mobile phone number to Public mobile new account

samcat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend is transferring to Public Mobile.

- Unfortunately she didn't know the account has to be active in order to transfer her phone number, so she just cancelled her Freedom Mobile account (Just 1-2hours ago)

She has the Public mobile SIM card and just needs to activate. But if her previous Freedom mobile account is inactive now, is it possible to still transfer the number during activation?

- If she cannot transfer the number during activation, after she activates Public Mobile with a new number, can she change the phone number to her old phone number right away?

(And then not change the phone number again for at least 30 days/ or ever)

- It seemed like new numbers could not be searched by typing in some of the digits anymore. It seems to be automatically generated few options. How can she get her previous cancelled number?

4 REPLIES 4

hi @Kamaldeen you can ask Fido to resume you account temparory for the port.  If you decide to give up the number, open ticket with support agent.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kamaldeen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's the thing the app doesn't allow you to cancel the transfer between service providers, and it keeps on asking me for sim code. I literally have this same problem and my Fido account is inactive

@samcat 

Since it has been a few hours, your friend could try to call Freedom mobile to ask if possible to re-activate old account/phone number. He/she may need to pay for the month though. Then you can port over the number over.  Probably worth at least just calling Freedom mobile.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@samcat  For porting to work, the account from the old provider has to be active.

your friend will have to activate with a new PM number

There is no way to get her old Freedom number back here in PM as it is owned by Freedom and it will be reused by Freedom, You can't pick any number you want.  Every Mobile Provider only gives out the number they own.    (the only exception is that if her number was originally Public Mobile's and was ported over to Freedom, then this number would be back to Public and possibly to be picked up again here)

Need Help? Let's chat.