cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering number from Fido

alee14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to transfer my fido number over but when I enter my old number it gives me the below message.

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.

It previously took me to the transfer menu where I enter my fido account number, serial number etc. However, when I went to submit, it says the transfer was rejected and now i can't back to that menu when I my phone number.

Can someone help me out.  Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

wrote:

Looks the the port request did go through.  Thanks for the help.!

To be certain, try calling that cell phone number using a different phone.  You'll want to check that your phone rings.  If it doesn't ring, the number port isn't complete and should still be ringing at your Fido line.

alee14

Looks the the port request did go through.  Thanks for the help.!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If all else fails, send a private message to the moderator team and have them assist with the number porting.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alee14, As @Mana & @wetcoaster mentioned, your FIDO account must still be active in order to grab the phone number.  Is that the case?

matbasm

Could you also try your browser(s) in Private/incognito mode.  That would rule out any browser issues.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@alee14 is your fido number that you are trying to transfer still active in good standing?

Your old number needs to be active in order to transfer it to PM. 

alee14

I have a public mobile account setup.  I also tried using a different browser and well as entering just the 10digits phone number .

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

wrote:

I'm trying to transfer my fido number over but when I enter my old number it gives me the below message.

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.

It previously took me to the transfer menu where I enter my fido account number, serial number etc. However, when I went to submit, it says the transfer was rejected and now i can't back to that menu when I my phone number.

Can someone help me out.  Thanks!

@alee14

A couple more questions in addition to the ones @matbasm asked...

How long has it been since you initiated the port the first time?

When you go to the Plans & Add-ons tab in your self serve account, what number do you see in the left upper corner?

What phone number does your phone show if you put the PM SIM in?

I assume your Fido SIM is still active?

It is possible that the port request went through and that it might complete in the next couple of hours. In that case once your Fido SIM stops working your phone number should be fully functioning with PM. If you have your PM SIM card in your phone, you might need to reboot your phone. You'll get a text from PM once your port is completed.

matbasm

Hi @alee14.  Do you already have a Public mobile account, or is this happening during account creation/activation.  Before looking for something deeper, have you tried clearing your browser's cache, or using Private mode, or another browser.  Also, are you entering the number directly (10 digits only, without any separators)?

Need Help? Let's chat.