cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering Telus ph number.

Vincerice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible to transfer a Telus ph number to an existing PM sim card that is already activated?
I want to change my current PM phone number to a Telus number that my friend has and is about to close her account with Telus.
If that's not possible, is it possible to transfer the Telus number to a new PM account that i will get activated?

4 REPLIES 4

HI @El_Gato 

you can transfer any Telus number to an existing PM account.   But it is like a port, once the number is transferred, the Telus account would be closed.  

so, yes, transfer from Telus is pretty much same as ported from Bell to us 

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So is it possible to transfer a Telus number to an existing PM account - or is only a porting from Telus to a brand new PM account just as it would be if one ported from say Bell?

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

I want to change my current PM phone number to a Telus number that my friend has and is about to close her account with Telus. 

This could be tricky. As the number is hers, it should be in your name. However, if you try porting over the number, make sure when the text comes to her phone, she says YES and hope there are no problems transferring it over. If there are, you will need her with you when you contact support.

There are no additional complications when it comes to the Telus account being under someone else's name.  The porting process remains the same.  Permission from the friend is needed, but its' as simple as typing the friend's name on the number porting form.  That name does not need to be the same as the name on the Public Mobile account. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Vincerice 

@Vincerice wrote:

Is it possible to transfer a Telus ph number to an existing PM sim card that is already activated?

The answer, YES. You can port over any number from any provider to your current SIM card/Account.

This could be tricky. As the number is hers, it should be in your name. However, if you try porting over the number, make sure when the text comes to her phone, she says YES and hope there are no problems transferring it over. If there are, you will need her with you when you contact support.

If that's not possible, is it possible to transfer the Telus number to a new PM account that i will get activated?

Answer, Yes. She can always port over her number to a new Public Mobile account.

Need Help? Let's chat.