cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number from Phonebox to public mobile. "Phonebox" isn't in old service provide list

Pingtian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi anyone,

I am trying to transfer my phone number from Phonebox to Public Mobile. But the old provider name"Phonebox" isn't in the list of the old service provider. I have had the account number from Phonebox. Can anyone tell me how to transfer the phone number to public mobile? Thank you! @CS_Agent

6 REPLIES 6

Pingtian

Hi golfball, 

Thanks for your reply. I have selected Rogers as a old provider. it works for my phone number transferring. 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That is what you would have to do.

Edit: PhoneBox operates on Rogers and Telus networks. You may be able to select the corresponding carrier and port that way.

Pingtian

Hi Softech, my phone number is eligible to move to publice mobile after checking in the link.. iDeos it mean that my phone number is portable into public mobile? And I have already had the account number from Phonebox. To get a temporary phone number, Does it mean to activate the sim card first for a new phone number? Thank you!

@Pingtian 

yes, both Koodo and PM owned by Telus and use the Telus network, so, the result is the same

To port out from Phonebox, you need to call them and ask them for the account number

After you confirm the number is portable into PM, then please  activate with a temporary number first

Once activation is done and confirmed working, you can open ticket with PM support and ask them to help to port the number from Phonebox and provide them PB's account number

To open ticket with PM support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Pingtian

Hi Sansan, 

The link is to check eligibility for koodo mobile. Is it the same as checking for public mobile?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.