cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of phone number

Mzmacaroni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have opened an account but when I tried to transfer my phone number it told me I had to have a secure internet connection.   So I am home now and can't seem to get into my account to transfer my number.   Now I already paid for it I should be able to go into my account don't you think??

6 REPLIES 6

@Rastin wrote:

ARE You using the app or trying to do it in a browser? You need to use the app

If account set up has already been compoleted, the Public Mobile app does not need to be used.  Phone number porting can be done from the Public Mobile self serve website.

@Rastin wrote:

I believe that you need to use data for the activation to complete the setup.  I'm not 100% certain. if you dont have a plan with data just wait a bit im sure one of the other people that post here will know and give you a better answer.

That's not correct.  Any internet connection can be used to activate a Public Mobile account, not just mobile data.

Mzmacaroni

Yes I am using the app I downloaded everything was working until I got to where I had to transfer my phone number and then told me to use a secure internet connection so I am home now and says the site is down or under going maintenance 

I don't understand 

Mzmacaroni

Thank you 

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

ARE You using the app or trying to do it in a browser? You need to use the app

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I believe that you need to use data for the activation to complete the setup.  I'm not 100% certain. if you dont have a plan with data just wait a bit im sure one of the other people that post here will know and give you a better answer.

Need Help? Let's chat.