cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of number and a new phone

Carman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having a problem getting connected with PM. I went through everything to set up the account. But, I’m not sure where the old SIM card should be.  At first I left the old SIM card in the old phone and I put the PM SIM card in the new phone.  Nothing happened. Now I have taken out the PM SIM card and still nothing has happened. Please help me. 

6 REPLIES 6

Carman

Yes, I did get a text from my previous provider right away.  I finally turned off my new cell and turned it back on and it is connected to PM now. Thanks for yr help

Carman

I did say yes, but, the problem was I put the new SIM card in the new phone too soon.  I turned off my new phone and turned it back on and it is connected. Thanks for your help

Carman

It finally worked.  I ended up turning off the new phone, and then turned it back on. Thanks for your reply 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

The OLD SIM card should be in any of the phones. If you plan to use the new one, then you should put it in that one. The important thing is that you have that old SIM in a phone that works. You need it to be able to get the confirmation text. Make sure you use the account number when doing the port.   Once that's done and you replied then you can put the new SIM in your new phone or the phone you plan to use from now on. Re start the phone and try it out. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Carman Did you not reply YES to confirmation text with old providers SIM card in phone ? No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Carman  Have you initiated the port process from your PM account?  Once you do that your old phone should get a text from your old provider asking if its OK to port out your number.  Answer yes, and have a while the new phone with the PM phone will get a text saying the port is complete and to reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.