cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Phone number

Hypnosis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I recently purchased a sim and activated it with a request to transfer my old number. The service was pay as you go. I have completed everything and it shows the number as registered but can only make outgoing calls. It has been 24 hours now and have received no messages.

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hypnosis 

I hope you didn’t put the PM SIM in your phone for the SMS text to confirm you are porting over to PM.

You need to keep your old SIM in the phone to receive the text. Once you confirmed with YES then power off the phone and switch the SIMs then power on the phone.

Try powering off the phone and wait a few minutes then power back on the phone to see if that works.

If not, you will need to contact a CS Agent as noted by others.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hypnosis 

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you never getting the SMS  you can try to take out old SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card, waiting a 1 minute,and turn it back on

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy...

@Hypnosis wrote:

Never received any text. I really need to keep the same number.

You will need to contact the Porting team to retrigger the SMS text to your Telus SIM.  I will private message you the number.  Check your Community Inbox

Make sure your Telus SIM is in the phone, power up and wait for the text.  Reply within 90 mins

• Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.

Hypnosis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Never received any text. I really need to keep the same number.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you reply to the text for the port transfer ? 

Is your previous phone still able to make calls ?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.