cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number

Kevo88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there!

I just transferred to Public from Bell last week but my number has not transferred.  I responded YES to Bell's message asking to transfer my number but instead I seem to have a new number.  

I have not cancelled Bell yet and won't until my old number has been transferred to Public.

Cheers and thanks,

Kev.

12 REPLIES 12

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kevo88 

Did you activate with a temporary phone # and then submit your port request through the change number feature on your profile page in your self serve account? Replied YES but nothing happened.

Then your second porting request was by calling the porting department phone number? Replied YES and the Bell Sim card stopped working ( indicating your port has completed)?

Did you power off your phone when you removed the Bell Sim card and replaced it with your Public Mobile Sim card? Try powering off your phone and remove the PM Sim card. If possible try it in another phone and check for service (talk, text and data). Do you see Public Mobile at top corner of the screen? If you cannot test in another phone leave the Sim card out for 10 minutes and reinsert in your phone and power up. Test for services. 

Clear your browser or PM app cache and log in. Do you see the phone # updated to your ported phone #? If you do ensure that you update your eversafe ID with the ported phone #. If nothing has changed then you need customer support. Contact as directed in the previous post.

@Kevo88 can you make outgoing calls?? does mobile data work?  if not, it 8dna sim card provision issue, please open ticket with PM support and they can re-provision it

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Kevo88

The Bell SIM no longer seems to work (SOS only) but the number is still wrong.  It is a new number and not the old number I wanted transferred.  This process seems really frustrating - I have now restarted the porting process twice, responded to the text promptly twice and still, the number is wrong.  In fact, now neither number works and the phone is useless.  I'm getting pretty frustrated at the lack of help from Public....

RavingRaven

@Chappy77 

You probably need your own thread.

Have you continued to pay for service with your old phone # and kept the account active ?

When you bought the new Sim card for a Sim swap did you activate it?

When you call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your old 10 digit phone # what message do you recieve?

RavingRaven

@pmbc 

Yes that is correct.

@Kevo88 

No need to cancel anything as noted once porting completes your Bell Sim card stops working and your Bell account is automatically canceled and closed.

@Kevo88 wrote:

Thanks!  I rang the number and they have restarted the process.  How do I know when the process is complete?  Is there an email or text letting me know so I can safely switch over and close the Bell account?

Hi again @Kevo88 

It's been 2 hours since they restarted the process of the port.

Have you yet received the Port Authorization Text which might have read substantially something to this effect:

"We have received a request to transfer your mobile number to another provider.  To approve this request, please reply YES.  To cancel it, simply reply NO.  For security reasons you only have 90 minutes to send us your reply.  If you don't, the request will be cancelled.  If you have any questions, call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Chappy77

I'm going through the same thing as well, except I have been with Public Mobile for 8 years and since they were bought out by Koodo or whoever it was, and they introduced this 'Everclear' to their website, not only have I not been able to get onto my account through the Public Mobile website, or the app...which I found out was because I needed to buy a new SIM card. But even when I did that, it was supposed to be as easy as doing a SIM swap. It's now been 2 months that I've had this "temporary number" and the chatbot is saying I have to contact someone in order to get my origional number back but everytime I send them a message, it takes so long for them to message me back that by the time I get back to them, the person who ends up replying is someone completely different and I end up having to explain everything all over again.  This is my work number, and I've been losing thousands of dollars a day not having my number and I don't understand why something that's supposed to be so minor and simple has taken them almost 2 months to do. I've asked for a manager and they messaged me back saying they are having maintenance issues and to bare with them and everything will be up and running shortly. My patience is running thin, let me tell you. I too have been stuck with a temporary number... and for whatever reason they keep saying they can't switch numbers between accounts, which isn't even what is needing to be done!! I just want my old number back!! It's ridiculous. So, I know where your coming from. I wouldn't get rid of your other number until you are certain you can get it switched over. I'm almost tempted to change carriers after this experience... Anyway, I hope you have better luck than I have been having with them.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RavingRaven You may want to double check but when you port out the number successfully it should automatically close your Bell Account.

RavingRaven

@Kevo88 

Make sure you put your Bell Sim card back in your phone to reply YES again. When your Bell Sim stops working the porting process has completed.

Kevo88

Thanks!  I rang the number and they have restarted the process.  How do I know when the process is complete?  Is there an email or text letting me know so I can safely switch over and close the Bell account?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Another thing, @Kevo88 , you may wish to edit your post by tapping the downward arrow upper right as you're posting on a public forum here in the Community.

We're just other customers like you trying to help guide current and new subscribers navigate the wonderful world of Public Mobile.

🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.